PDA

View Full Version : coil mattress?

wendmatt
10-06-2002, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have the Sealy 150 coil mattress? I can find this for a reasonable price, but don't know if it's worth spending the extra and ordering the foam mattress online. Is it difficult to change the sheet on and is that the only reason to buy the foam vs the coil? Has anyone bought the coil and are happy with it or wish they'd got the foam?
Thanks for your input
Wendy due Nov 7th

ct
10-07-2002, 01:15 PM
I have a Sealy Baby Soft Premium mattress and have been very satisfied with it. Weight is not a big issue to me - frankly I don't think it is that big of a deal to change the sheets. I also used Sheet Savers when DD was a baby, so that helped with not having to change the sheets every time there was an accident, but even without I doubt it would have made a difference to me. One note though, when going through the baby stuff for #2 who is due 11/8 (day after yours!!) I noticed several very small cracks in the cover of the mattress (the one I bought has a 'lifetime' guarantee). I emailed Kolcraft (they make the Sealy mattresses) and they sent me a new one in less than a week - great customer service, I just had to mail them the tags and the sticker from the old mattress. The new one has a different cover than the one I had so maybe there was a problem with the older one I had - the CS rep said that the covers should definitely not be cracking like that. Despite this problem, I am still very satisfied with this mattress. I say if the mattress has a good warranty, good price, and you don't think the weight will be an issue for you, go for it. HTH - and best of luck to you...

ct