PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your Simmons Matino Crib?

emilys
10-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Hi,
First baby due New Year's Eve and trying to choose a crib. I like the simple style of the Simmons Matino crib, not to mention the "A" rating in Baby Bargains, and the price. I just want to be sure it's sturdy, as the floor model I saw at BRU seems a bit rickety. I'm hoping it can be put together better and won't suffer as much public wear and tear at home. If you have one, are you pleased with it and how has it held up as your baby gets bigger? Thanks for any responses!

ecarley
11-05-2002, 01:50 PM
I *LOVE* our Matino crib. I have a friend with one too and she likes it also. It's very sturdy.... if it was rickety in the store, you can bet it wasn't assmebled very carefully.

The Matino was easy to put together, has quiet hardware, and is easy to adjust the mattress height. And it was in stock at BRU, so we didn't have the nightmare of ordering and hoping it would arrive in time. I can't recommend it enough!

capyrne
11-06-2002, 12:31 PM
We just put our Matino crib together last night. (Our baby is due in mid Dec). We were impressed with its quality and the instructions. The instructions were excellent, but the page is busy with the English, French & Spanish instructions, so you have to get past that. We also purchased the undercrib drawer with it and our advice for it, is DON'T GET IT, IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. We were very disappointed when we pulled the drawer out of the box and it was completely laminate, no real wood at all, unlike the crib. We are trying to decide if we are going to take the drawer back or just use the piece of junk drawer that we overpaid for.
So we love the crib but were very disappointed in the undercrib drawer. I hope this helps. :-)

daisymommy
11-06-2002, 12:58 PM
I second everything here! Our Matino crib is fantastic and I'm sure will last through our (hopefully) 2-3 more children!

emilys
12-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. You DID help me decide. Thanks again.

sarsah
12-12-2002, 10:56 PM
We have a Simmons Matino crib and found it to be very sturdy. We bought it for our son, born 5/00. He used it for just over 2 years and we never had a problem. DS is very tall for his age and loved to jump in his crib, as well as being a very active child in general. I don't think you'll have any problems with the durability of the Matino crib. We plan to uses it for baby #2 due 5/03 with no hesitation.

Sarah.....