PDA

View Full Version : Pali/Sorelle/Legacy cribs

jonnofor
10-21-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi. We are looking at cribs in the $300 range and there seems to be little difference in quality among Pali, Sorelle, and Legacy. All have knee-push release, hidden hardware, drawer beneath, etc. The only differences seem to be subtle styling and finishing issues. Can anybody rebut this impression? Is any of these brands particularly good, or particularly lousy, upon owning and using it for a while? Thanks very much for any input.

Tgerson
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
i just ordered a sorelle crib, but was deciding between pali and sorelle and had the same question. the guy in the store said they are of comparable quality and i believed him because the pali (i was looking at the paula) was more expensive than the sorelle (rosemary) and he had the paula in stock, wheras he had to order the sorelle. the baby bargains book says pali's stability is better although i don't really know what that means. two friends of mine have the pali paula and both are very happy with the crib although one says it shakes too much when they open the drawer. i think the warranty is also an issue (pali has one, sorelle doesn't) but pali's is only six months, so there probably isn't much of a difference. in terms of the cribs i was looking at, i saw little difference between the pali and sorelle. in the end, my decision was based on style. (i liked the rosemary's double bar thing)

Tondi G
10-23-2002, 04:01 PM
We have a Pali Sabrina crib.... our Son is now 15 months old... I have to say that crib is built like a rock! I have been climbing into the crib with my son for some time now, since it was easier than trying to put him down after he nursed to sleep and if I nodded off it wasn't a problem! My 200lb husband even climbed into the crib with him one night! If you get a Pali crib you will not be disappointed they are well made and built to last! Good Luck in your decision!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

ecarley
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
I can't comment about your impressions, but the only thing I know for sure is to give PLENTY of lead time if you decide to order a Pali. I've heard up to 16 weeks for some orders. If time is a factor in your decision, you might want to look elsewhere.

Momof3Labs
11-08-2002, 12:37 AM
Sorelle needs lots of time too - it took 9 weeks to get my Sorelle crib but 16 weeks to get my Sorelle changing table. Definitely not a last-minute purchase!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

suzska
11-08-2002, 02:21 PM
We were lucky enough that the Pali crib we picked out (Pali--April) was actually in stock at the place we were buying from. So no lead time was needed. Except for us to be able to "afford" it. We put a downpayment on it to hold it and paid off the rest when we were ready to pick it up. We bought our mattress (Classica I) from them when we picked the crib up.

lightfighter
12-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Suzska:

I just put $60 down on a Pali April at my local USA Baby store. They had it on sale for $299.00 and I just couldn't pass it up. I sure hope I made a good choice because I have been spending day and night researching cribs back and forth until I can hardly think straight. How do you like your April? Also, what color did you choose. I really like the Cognac, but the natural would be better when choosing matching furniture (not Pali-way too expensive). Sorry, so long...just so excited to find someone who has an April.