PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Standa vs. DaVinci Futura cradle

csa12
10-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Was wondering if anyone has experience with either of these cradles? I like the look of the Sorelle, but with its 18"wide and 36" long dimensions, I am not sure how long the cradle will last ( I am expecting a boy in January). The Futura seems nice and there is a great deal going on at babycenter.com, but I am hooked on the look and the reputation of Sorelle! Any feedback on either of these cradles, especially concerning the locking mechanisms would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much,
Cheryl :)

m2tandk
10-24-2002, 02:18 PM
my friend used her cradle for 5 months before her son and daughter outgrew it. I had a bassinet and used it for about 3.5 months. Her cradle seemed large though. I believe it was hand made by a family friend. I love the look of a cradle too, but I just can't see spending the money when I can use a pack & play with a full size bassinet feature(the Graco 3 way), and then use it as a travel playard too. I think it would get used much longer. We travel alot too so it will come in handy with that. I don't know anything particular about those brands except that the Sorelle seems very well made compared to the Futura. I have seen them both in stores and the Sorelle is very nice. Seems more sturdy.

csa12
10-24-2002, 03:30 PM
Thanks so much for the great info! I have definately registered for a Pack n Play w/bassinet for travel but unfortunately don't think I could squeeze it next to our bed (king size) in our bedroom. The rooms and doorways in our tiny home are so small and narrow I figured a cradle may be our next best bet. I appreciate your helpful adive though. I am going to check out the Sorelle cradle this weekend. Hopefully, we'll get our money's worth by either lending to other friends/family (there seems to be a major baby boom here in Durham, NC) or using it again soon with baby #2!
:)

m2tandk
10-25-2002, 06:41 AM
IKWYM about small spaces!! My friend used the cradle for exactly that reason and had just enough room for it next to her king size bed!! <y room is a bit bigger than hers so I think we will be okay with the pack and play, if not, we will be buying a bassinet! Actually, DH will be buying a bassinet while I am still in the hospital! Along with diapers and all kinds of stuff I am sure!

Good luck to you!

Kelly