PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier question...HELP!

TraceyE
11-03-2002, 12:02 PM
We are looking at the comfort plus sleigh model. My question is for those of you who are already using your glider. Have you used either of these features often---the recline or the multi-position lock? What about the ottoman? I can't decide if I should get the works, or just go with the basic model without recline and multi-position lock and use a nursing school. I really do not think that I will use the chair beyond the nursery stage, but we plan on having a second child fairly close in age, so it may be used for a good four years. What has been your experience? Thanks so much for the input :).

JMarie
11-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I think we have that model - #11789 - and I love the added features. Right now, I am carrying SO low that it is very uncomfortable to sit in a normal chair. I live in my glider when I'm at home now. We actually have taken it out of the nursery and it's sitting in our living room - matches nothing, but at least I can watch my Disney movies comfortably (some women crave pickles, I need my Toy Story fix...). The multi-position lock is WONDERFUL for getting in and out of the glider - again, with my center of gravity SO LOW at this point, it is hard to get up from (or get into) a moving object. Just lock the glider and you're all set. We also got the matching ottoman, which I like better than the nursing stool (that sits under the computer desk). Also, my friend had a baby with bad reflux, and she would sit up in her glider - reclined all the way - at night the first month or so and said it was a godsend. I'm glad we got the 'bells and whistles' - but if you're still not sold, at least get the MP lock - it's great! HTH!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

Momof3Labs
11-03-2002, 02:01 PM
I have the multi-position lock and love it - plus, as baby starts crawling, I can lock the chair when we're not using it to protect his little fingers from getting pinched. I planned to just use a nursing stool but after nursing in a friend's glider with ottoman, I went back and ordered the ottoman!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

twins r fun
11-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Here's another thread where this was discussed.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/430.html

gour0
11-04-2002, 06:36 PM
I'm also looking at the 11789. I found that the rocking chair outlet has it for $429. I haven't priced the ottoman because I'm willing to use a mismatched hand-me-down ottoman from my sister. As to the features, my sister had a base model glider and recently purchased a recliner. She said that it made a world of difference especially late at night when you're tempted to fall asleep in the chair after calming a fussy baby. I'm bringing my husband to London Ontario to visit the RCO showroom. They have the largest fabric selection I've seen and the people on the phone have been super nice.

TraceyE
11-04-2002, 09:37 PM
Thanks everyone! Looks like I'm going for all the bells and whistles. I'd hate to regret not having one of the features later on down the road.