PDA

View Full Version : That SAMS CLUB changing table is now $58.81 in Raleigh NC

mama2be
11-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Several weeks back I had mentioned a nice changing table at Sam's Club I think it was like $114 (archived somewhere)...well we were just there and they have 4 of them at $58.81.

For those who missed the original post it is a heavy wood cognac/wheat colored...with a changing pad on it, and I think 6 wicker baskets under it on two shelves with yellow gingham lining in them.

I believe this current price is 1/2 of the old price...I do wonder if these were tucked off somewhere and found becaseu I have been there since and had not seen them.

Just thought I'd share...this is the Sams in Garner for those in the Raleigh area...off of 70.

jen lehman
11-17-2002, 07:23 PM
My mom mentioned that they still had this here in Kansas City (Independence), too..."for about 60 bucks." It was very cute!

Jennifer H. Lehman
EDD--1/7/03

angusmom
11-18-2002, 04:09 PM
If you liked this table, better get 'em while they last! I learned a while back from one of the freebies message boards I check a lot that if a Sam's price ends in a 1, like $58.81, then it is a discontinued item. Maybe it didn't sell so well for Sam's? But it sure sounds cute!

enjoy!

mama2be
11-18-2002, 05:21 PM
I am almost certain it is on clearnce or discontinued...but they have things one month and gone the next so I doubt it has anything to do with durability and maybe not even with lack of demand. It looks and feels real secure. I would have grabbed one at twice the price but already had a "changing table". Someone got one and painted it and said it looked Pottery Barn looking :)

I also know that the display was actually getting used at the store...they had a sign on it to prevent that...

JMarie
11-18-2002, 08:09 PM
That would be me! DH and I paid the $95 full price for this table and painted it white to match our crib and dresser. It is one sturdy piece of furniture. The legs are 2x2's and it's solid as a rock. I will warn you, it's a little interesting to put together, but it looks just beautiful in our nursery. I did have to order a changing pad from 1st Choice Baby Bargains (Rumble Tuff custom sized 27 1/2" x 16 1/2" ) because the one that comes with it is flimsy, and I am using different baskets, but you can't go wrong for $95 - or rather $50 now at the Chicago area stores.

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

mama2be
11-18-2002, 11:21 PM
JMarie,

I thought it was you who had "pottery barned" it...It appears to be so strong...I bet it looks great after what you did to it!!!

JMarie
11-19-2002, 08:49 PM
I absolutely LOVE it! It was a lot of work - we had to sand it down, prime it (two coats) and paint it (EIGHT COATS! ), which took an entire weekend. It took so many coats because we used these really thin rollers to get a nice smooth finish without spray paint (didn't think the super-strong fumes in spray paint would be too good for little Aidan). I ruined a perfectly good manicure too. I must say, the finished product was well worth it.

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher