PDA

View Full Version : That "NEW" Furniture Smell

addiemae
11-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any idea how long the smell lasts?
I got the Legacy cherry furniture and the smell was strong
at first(a week ago)..... It is getting better.
I have kept all the drawers open hoping to get "that" smell out of them too. Is there something I am not doing? I don't really want to mask it with Febreze or anything like that. I still have 8 weeks to go, but it would be nice to put everything away.
Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!!
Annie
EDD 1/15

daisymommy
11-19-2002, 07:22 PM
One thing we did was to close the nursery door, and open the windows in that room for a whole week, to get rid of new furniture and paint fumes.

amyff
11-19-2002, 08:31 PM
Yep...it just takes time! I thought I was going to gag every time I walked past the nursery with our new Ragazzi furniture. It took almost a whole month before the smell totally went away (even with opening windows and shutting the door).
I guess it is better that the poopy diaper smell that will soon be in our nursery!
Amy

sophiesmom
11-19-2002, 09:40 PM
I have the Legacy line too, and it did smell when we got it! We did as said above, opened the drawers and the windows. It eventually went away. I also wiped down the drawers w/ a damp towel, and then lined them w/ shelf liner. I think that helped a little too. BRU may even sell scented liners. I just bought mine at Home Depot.
Hope you love your furniture as much as I do!

addiemae
11-20-2002, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the replies,
It looks like I just need to give it a little more time.
Thanks for the tip about the liners, I wondered about those.
I will go with the unscented ones. I'm anxious to start filling up the drawers and bringing all the other things into the nursery.
Sophiesmom,
Words can't describe how happy I am with this furniture. You have to see it and touch it, the light finish on the cherry wood is gorgeous.
Thanks again ladies

sophiesmom
11-20-2002, 08:42 AM
That's great, i love the color (pecan) of mine too, it's so pretty. I thought the prices were reasonable too. :-)
I felt better about lining the drawers. I was happy i did it. Good luck!