PDA

View Full Version : Forever Mine Dresser and Changing Tabletop

puppylitomom
11-21-2002, 06:12 PM
We were thinking of buying a forever mine dresser and changing tabletop - does anyone know how convenient these changing tabletop's are? Also, is 42 inches wide enough for changing table, as well as room to put wipes, etc?

George
01-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi,
We just ordered the complete nursery set. We'll let you know!

Aprilbaby4me
01-12-2003, 05:14 PM
George,

How long do you have to wait for your furniture to arrive? Also, did you order your crib mattress from Forever Mine?

Thanks,

Monica

George
01-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Hi Monica,

We ordered online yesterday and this morning customer service phoned to confirm. They say it will be shipped around the middle of February to the end of that month (about 5 weeks).
We decided to buy a Colgate foam mattress as recommended by alot of people. Forever Mine buys their own mattresses from some company in Ontario, Canada but we've never heard of them. Our local store had the Colgates on sale this week for $79.99.

Hope this helps,
Regards
G

Aprilbaby4me
01-13-2003, 12:04 PM
George,

Thanks for the response! I plan to order the crib, three drawer chest and four drawer dresser this week. It seems to be too good an offer to pass up. (Still, I wish I knew someone who actually had the furniture so that I could see it in person.) And like you, I plan to buy a better mattress. I feel the same about the mattress company - I just don't know enough about them.

Thanks again,

Monica

mom03
01-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi!

We're thinking about getting FM crib and 4 drawer dresser. Was thinking of getting the 3 drawer dresser with the removable changing top but the height of the dresser(we used another dresser of the same height to check that out) is a bit too tall for me to be used as a changing table as well. My husband really likes FM (we couldn't decide btw Babi Italia Tuscan at BRU and FM.....STILL!). I like both but I think hubby likes the FM more. The only thing that's keeping us from ordering is that we can't see and check out the quality in person. I guess we can still wait for a while before deciding and ordering since EDD is early June:). Would really appreciate any feedback any of you have regarding the quality once your furniture arrives. Thank you in advance! For the mattress, we're deciding btw Sealy coil and Colgate Foam. Does any of you know of any advs of foam over coil besides the fact that it's lighter? This may sound stupid but does the foam actually flattens out after a yr or two of use (considering that we'll still be using the same mattress once the crib is converted into a toddler bed? Thanks again.

Chris

Mom 2 Katya
02-28-2003, 02:58 AM
We have the FM crib and four drawer dresser and we love them - good quality at good prices. And I love that the drawers are big and the set will (hopefully!) last her for a long time.

Dolly M

Mom to Katya, b. 1/29/03
Dolly M

Mom to Katya, b. 1/29/03

jenmcadams
02-28-2003, 06:56 PM
We love our dresser with changing table top from Forever Mine (we also have the crib and toy chest). I have a wipes container at one end of the dresser and that works fine. I also have a small, plastic 3 drawer thing I put diapers and other changing table junk in right next to the dresser.

Overall, the quality of FM furniture is great...it was pretty easy to assemble (our toy chest came fully assembled and I don't think the dresser required much...the crib required more assembly, but even it was pretty simple). Friends who bought more expensive brands can't believe we got such a great deal.

Finally, the service was great and delivery (while it took 5-6 weeks) was basically exactly as they had promised.

Jen

Mom to Abbie 8/29/02