PDA

View Full Version : Crib (Ragazzi) questions!! So confused!!

spence1
11-22-2002, 10:01 AM
My furniture came yesterday. . . I have never operated a crib before and I'm so confused!

1) How do you use the crib with a bumper on? I don't know if this is just a Ragazzi, or maybe Canadian thing, but the corners of the crib have a post and the last side rail together, so the straps jsut barely reach around, and it would be very difficult to lower and raise the rail. Is this normal?

2) I don't have a mattress on yet, but it seems like it would be very high in this highest setting. . .like the baby would be bumping in to the mobile. Do you actually use it that high or should we lower it one?

3) Also, does anyone have the ragazzi baby station? Do you use a cover on the changing pad? It doesn't seem like one would even fit around it. . .not to mention I don't know where to find one that size.

mbutler
11-22-2002, 11:32 AM
We have a Ragazzi furniture set as well.

1) We have a Cotton Tale set and the bumper strings are pretty long. The corners shouldn't matter because when you raise and lower the side that part of the bumper should not be moving. You should be able to slip the string between the corner post and the end rail so that it does not go around the end rail. The side of the bumper should be attached to top rail (leave some slack), not the vertical rails or it will not go up and down corrently. I tied the bumper on with the rails down and then raised the side and this seemed to work.

2) The highest setting works fine until your baby can sit up on their own. Having it high is for the convenience of the parents so if you are uncomfortable with it and don't mind reaching down further, you can always put it on a lower setting.

3) There is a company called Kids Basics tel.305-231-9664 that supposedly makes a cover large enough (according to Ragazzi). We elected to not use a cover and just lay a cloth diaper flat under the baby each time to soak up any accidents. Otherwise you could end up constantly cleaning the cover. It is much easier to wipe down the plastic.

Michael

spence1
11-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much!! I can't wait to try it. My bumper strings are long too, so that should be ok. It just didn't seem like it would fit between the corner post and the end rail (they're really right next to each other, and the ties are kind of thick), but I'll try it with the rail down and see if that works. Thanks a bunch!