PDA

View Full Version : Target Glider Review

bnme
12-02-2002, 02:39 PM
I know I've seen postings about this in the past, so I thought I'd give an update.....

I ordered the Deluxe Glider and Ottoman combo from Target.com

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-6231734-1607021?asin=B000067ETZ

I wanted a glider but did not want to spend a fortune. I was nervous that the quality may be poor but decided to take the chance. Some of the cheaper models at BRU are soo rickety they don't even seem worth their cheap price. I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived --only a couple of days later--at most stores in takes WEEKS to order--and I am due in only a few and saved this one for last!!

The chair is super-comfy, very sturdy, and as another poster had mentioned they ARE made by Shermag. The only twist is there is a limited selection (2 I think) of colors. There is an upgraded sleigh version, I think only $50 more.

To any one shopping around for gliders, especially if you are trying to spend under $500, I highly recommend this chair. I haven't used it with baby yet, but I have been rocking away and it am very happy so far.

JMTCW

hellokitty1
12-02-2002, 10:35 PM
For the price, I'm interested in Target also. May I ask how tall you are? I am only 5 feet so I may have to be a little more selective. Thanks.

bnme
12-03-2002, 08:42 AM
I am only 5'1. Are you worried your feet won't touch the ground? I am not sure...I will have to go home and sit in it tonight! I know I am comfortable, but I may just be used to my feet not touching the floor properly. And every time I've sat in it I've had my feet on the ottoman. My husband is also on the short side (5'8) and he is comfortable as well.

hellokitty1
12-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. My husband is 5'8" also. I'm not so concened with my feet touching. At my height I'm used to not touching. I just wanted to make sure that in general, it was comfortable for you. Thanks.

bnme
12-04-2002, 08:47 AM
For the record, my feet do touch. It also seems to me there would be room for a boppy pillow, even at my 38 week size. It would fit snugly. I know some people are concerned with that.

Also, my hubby reminded me we used a coupon code for 10% off that we found at savings-center.com. This was last weekend and it was working.

Good luck with whatever glider you decide to purchase!

jubilee
12-21-2002, 07:28 AM
Wow, does it look nice! I was going to get a Jardine glider from BRU because it was the best my budget allowed and it was $340 with the ottoman and nowhere near as nice as the one from Target you mention. Thanks for the tip! How much did you pay for shipping? Target says it has special shipping charges, but I didn't see how "special" those charges were...

Julie

bnme
12-21-2002, 09:34 AM
I think around $30 for shipping. It is per lb. And it came in about a week. Still love it (though still no baby yet..edd 12/24).

Here is the link for shipping info:
http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=br_bx_0/601-8457045-2295352?node=1041132

And I think they changed the name to Premier...th Deluxe is even cheaper at $199 (don't have any info on this one).

Also check out Savings-Center.com for 10% off Coupon codes. I used one when I bought it and it worked (they don't always):
http://www.savings-center.com/Stores.php?store=Target.com

BTW, the quality seems better then the Jardine I saw at BRU. It is made by Shermag and is comparable, IMO

westgre
12-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I just put this glider together last night. Thanks to your review, I got this glider from Target and used the coupon also with no problems. It is so very comfortable. I am also a shortie at 4'11" and can also touch the ground with my feet. In fact, I felt like a little kid sitting in most of the Dutailier's I tried, but was completely comfortable in the Shermag's. I would definitely recommend this glider also.

bnme
12-22-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm glad it is working out for you! I think it is such a great value!

ddmarsh
12-24-2002, 11:09 PM
I just received this yesterday, dh put it together, and it is going to be returned (fortunately they'll allow store returns so I don't have to pay for return shipping). I find it extrememly uncomfortable - mainly the fact that the ottomman sits lower than the seat which is not the case with the Dutaliers that I had previously tried out. It also feels smaller in the seat width and the back sits upright a bit too much. All in all I thought it was worth the shot b/c of the price, but I I'd rather spend more and get something more comfortable.

Just MO -

Debbie

eimaj
01-06-2003, 10:36 PM
The website says, "Availability : This item is not stocked or has been discontinued." Does anyone have any info. as to which? Not stocked and discontinued are two different things. I called Target, but they didn't have any idea. This seems like the seat cushions are better than the $199 one. If I can't get the Premier Glider ($299), what do you think about the less expensive one they offer at $199?

mom03
01-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Hi!

Just as a note, I checked out target.com last week and it said the item is not stocked or has been discontinued as well. However, when my DH and I checked back tonight, the rocker/glider is now available. I'm also wondering if anyone knows where we can actually try this rocker/glider in person. I find that some of the rocker/glider at BRU, the arms are too high for me. So we just want to make sure I am comfortable with the rocker. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

bethieboo
01-13-2003, 06:48 PM
For those interested in the $199 Deluxe from Target, BRU has the exact same thing in a slightly different color online (except it's never in stock), and you can read the reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QTVS/ref=cm_br_o_a3//102-7800004-1597746?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&coliid=I28F3OOPF0JS0T
I personally think I'm going to get the Premier (just have to talk dh into an extra hundred bucks ;))...but if you are on a smaller budget the Deluxe has gotten great reviews too. :)

jd11365
01-13-2003, 07:14 PM
TD4U2SAVETEN is a coupon code I got off the web and got 10% off the $299.99 which was $30 bucks! That basically made it free shipping!