PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me ID this Colgate Mattress?

corrie
12-14-2002, 04:41 PM
I have an opportunity to get a used Colgate mattress, but I'm not sure what kind it is. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me identify it since I can't even find a store close by where I could see other Colgates to compare. Here aree the details:

The mattress had a laminated cover with a grey/white design. The corners of the mattress were rounded. The tag had the following info:

(at the very top of the tag was written "G545" )

The tag said it was an innerspring unit covered with a rubberized coir
fiber pad 45%
colored cotton felt 45%
urethane foam pad 10%
finished size 27.5x52 inches
Net wt. of filling material 8lb. 2oz.
REG number GA 313

I was hoping maybe those of you with Colgates could take a peek at your tags or something. I want to have a safe, quality mattress first and foremost, but if I can save $100, that'd be great.

P.S. Is there any reason why a used mattress would be bad?

Thank you!
-Corrie

colgate
12-17-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi. I work for Colgate and, I will respond to your message. Both numbers you mention, #G545 and #GA313, are found on the small white tags sewn to the bottom seam of the mattress. These are called "law tags" because manufacturers are required by law to attach them to the product. These numbers will not help to identify the mattress. This is a legal compliance number and not a product number and the same numbers are found on many different mattresses. Sorry. Also, the label naming the mattress model has already been removed (why? it wasn't meant to be removed)or, the mattress is a lower priced promotional model that never had a product label. Your description of the pattern on the vinyl cover on the mattress and the contents inside the mattress are too vague for us to identify the mattress model. Sorry, again.

While I know you and others reading this response may disqualify what I am about to say because you think we just want to sell more mattresses, the truth is that we want the best for babies. We do not believe in putting a baby on a used mattress unless you, personally, used the mattress previously for an earlier child or, if one of your family members or close friends used the mattress previously and you know that it has been taken care of and is clean and safe.

In fact, in some states it is illegal for retail stores to sell used mattresses.

Safety, cleanliness, support and, comfort are the major issues related to mattresses. Used mattresses pose questions about each of the above issues. Why take a chance?

To save money, you and your baby are better off buying a less expensive new mattress than buying a used mattress from a stranger.

Congratulations on the new baby!

Colgate