PDA

View Full Version : Cara Mia vs. Babi Italia cribs???

rose2boys
12-17-2002, 04:32 PM
I am considering both of these crib lines. Any feedback on either one of these cribs? Has anyone seen IRL or had experience with the Cara Mias? I've seen the Babi at BRU, but not 100% sold on it. (incorrect assembly of floor models?) Some were easier to lower than others, some seemed shaky, etc. Found great $ online for CaraMia, but no place nearby to see IRL.

Here is what I am looking for:

+ quality wood
+ good stability
+ quiet and ease of use to lower side rail
+ will work w/PBK bumper pad
+ under $300 (simple design)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

jubilee
12-21-2002, 06:49 AM
I haven't seen the CariMia, but have been impressed with the Babi Itali at my BRU. I'm going to get the "Gina" model. They seem very sturdy, so maybe the ones you've seen weren't assembled correctly. If you have another baby store nearby maybe you can check out the sturdiness there.

Julie

Crumbdg
12-30-2002, 05:48 PM
I haven't found any Cara Mia cribs, but I have seen the Babi Italia at Babies R US (BRU). I have been somewhat disappointed in the selection of this brand, but my favorite feature is the way the railing glides so smoothly and the hardware for it is hidden! No such luck on-line, only in the stores. I hear Baby Depot has them too, but from what I've read about them, I'm not willing to give them my $$!

Have you seen any other cribs with such type of hardware? Maybe someone else out there has an idea to share.

HWGosman
01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
We bought the Babi Italia Picket Fences Single crib. There's an entire line of Picket Fences cribs. I haven't actually seen this model in a store, but I saw it in a catalog at the special order desk. I got it at Babies R Us in less than a week for $250. It's very sturdy. The wood is beautiful, and it converts to a toddler bed. I'm pretty picky, and money usually isn't a concern of mine (though it defintely should be), and I'm very happy with the crib. My little one isn't due for 12 weeks, but I can't wait to see her in it for the first time.

H