PDA

View Full Version : Ottoman vs. Gliding ottoman

shrimp
12-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Hi all

I have finally decided on a glider chair (Little Castle) now the big debate is the ottoman.
They have a really nice gliding ottoman (it's rather large)
For a third of the price I can get a slightly smaller one that doesn't glide.
I'm wondering if the gliding part is essential (don't you use the ottoman to push off from)

Comments & suggestions needed please.

Thanks!

egoldber
12-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Personally, I found the gliding ottoman to be very nice. You don;t need to push off, it rocks with you.

There are some ottomans that have a built in nursing stool as well. You may want to look into that as well.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
12-19-2002, 09:55 PM
I started with a stationary ottoman and didn't like it very well, so I went back and ordered a gliding ottoman. It is MUCH more comfortable to me!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

elizab27
12-20-2002, 07:10 PM
I too now have my heart set on the Little Castle and I found it in a store near me for $525. I was leaning towards the Royal (rounded back) because my husband and I are tall and it goes higher, but I was wondering which one you decided on.

I was going to skip the ottoman all together as my son's room is only 10 x 10, but after testing one out in the store I think it may be worth the $275.

How do these prices compare to what you saw (I live outside of NYC) and are you getting the square or round back?

shrimp
12-23-2002, 03:57 PM
I am actually ordering the square back (the chateau style with a bottom cushion)
This has the highest back of them all.
I sat in the Royal & Regal (square) styles and couldn't sit upright (I found the angle of the back really awkward). Thye use thesame frame.
Have you tried the chateau?
This is more $$$ than the others ($499 vs. $699)
I found the gliding ottoman for $250 (not much difference there)
I've decided to go ahead and order the gliding one (based on feedback and actually testing it out)

I contacted Little Castle and asked for a list of dealers in my area and then called them all.
It's definately worth shopping around for prices.
Online I know One Fine Babay and Poshtots sell them (I believe their delivery charge is high though)

Good luck & let me know what you decide)