PDA

View Full Version : Best Mattress

maggiebear
12-20-2002, 10:22 AM
I know a lot of posts have been made about this but I am interested in knowing what is the best mattress out there, cost is not an object. I don't usually say that about things, but there is not much difference to me between $100 and $200 when it comes to baby. We are planning on having at least 3 children, so I'd like to get something that will last for a long time.

I am inclinded to go with the Colgate Classica I, but I wanted to know what is the best! Thanks so much.

Maggie

etwahl
12-20-2002, 11:08 AM
I don't know what's "the best" because we haven't used ours yet, but we did buy one we thought had a lot of nice features. It's a Kolcraft, it's a 2 in 1 (foam on one side, coil on the other) and it's vibrating (just in case we have a colicky baby or something). It's also waterproof (which I think all are) and staph-proof. It was pricey (on sale for $229 + tax) and it's a USABaby exclusive item, but we did like all the features. Some may think the vibrating feature is overkill (they also have a non-vibrating one) but DH wanted it, and MIL bought it for us, so we decided why not! Good luck finding your perfect mattress!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

egoldber
12-20-2002, 11:29 AM
You really don't need to spend a bundle on a crib mattress. As long as the mattress is firm, that's all that matters. It is nice if the mattress is lightweight for when you need to lift it.

With a mattress for an adult, by spending more you usually get a better quality mattress. This is important in a mattress that will carry the weight of one or two adults every night for many many years. Crib mattresses do not take nearly the stress of an adult mattress.

HTH,