PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Classic III vs Colgate Classic Supreme

eimaj
12-30-2002, 11:22 PM
If confused...I don't understand the difference. Does anyone have any info. and/or does anyone have either that they would like to comment on? And, while we're on the subject...my parents are concerned that a foam mattress isn't as good for the baby's spine development as an innerspring. My mom is buying and she keeps telling me she wants to buy the best...her perception is you get what you pay for and she thinks if I get the less expensive Colgate I, it's not as good as the others...any thoughts?

Momof3Labs
12-31-2002, 01:21 AM
Check Consumers Reports - the Colgate foam mattress is rated as the best one out there!

All crib mattresses should be very firm, so why would an innerspring be better than a foam for spine development? There is no difference in support when you are talking about crib mattresses (as long as you pick one that is very firm). I personally prefer foam because it is much lighter weight and easier to change the sheets (especially in the middle of the night).

You could contact the company directly for more info on these two models, or look in the archives on this board - some models have already been discussed.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

julienbaby
01-03-2003, 04:39 PM
the colgate site has descriptions of each type at www.colgatekids.com

tabytha77
01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
The Colgate Classica III is less firm on the firm side than the Classica I. The soft side is slightly less firm.

The Colgate Classica Supreme's firm side is even firmer than the Classica I, but then the soft side is the same as the Classica I.

I'm doing my research!

My ideal would be a mattress with the Classica I firmness on one side and less firm on the other. So far, this product isn't available.