PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Storage-- pottery barn question

babybabybaby
01-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Has anyone seen anything similar to the Pottery Barn Cameron Wall System but in different finishes-- the wood color is too light for my room. I think it is so convenient, but it just doesn't match.
Any thoughts?

kathsmom
01-10-2003, 12:54 AM
I love that system! I really like all the new stuff they have come out with for kids in their new catalog. I don't recall seeing anything like this system, but maybe you could go to an unfinished furniture store and see if they have anything similar. You could then stain it a color to match the other pieces in your nursery. What color are your other pieces? I wonder if Pottery Barn (not PBK) might have something. I know they have darker pieces of furniture in their stores/catalogs, because they are aimed more at adults.

Good luck on your search!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

C99
01-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I didn't know what you were talking about, so here's the link for anyone else in the same situation:
http://ww1.potterybarnkids.com/cat/pip.cfm?age=BABY&gnd=A&pg=1&pcat=STRSHV&lst=dSTRSHV-ABABY&grp=1510412&itm=g1510412&src=shpaBABY%7CcSTRSHV%7Cp1%2FshpaBABY%7CcSTR%7Cp1

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned IKEA. Using an IKEA system will probably take a bit more creativity, but it might be a good place to start. I'd also look into getting built-ins or stand-alones from a kitchen-and-bath store. And you might also want to see what The Container Store has to offer.

HTH