PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Arm's Reach Co-sleeper

mcmorfit
01-09-2003, 10:27 AM
We are awaiting our Universal co-sleeper (yippee) later this week and are planning on using it as the primary sleeping spot. We probably will be moving the baby around in the various other "sleeping" contraptions we have during the day. I'm wondering though about leaving the baby in the co-sleeper, for example, we'll probably be staring at it when it sleeps for the first month, but after the second month when we are truly sleep deprived, is it alright to leave the wee one there with the side down? Should you put the side up as a precaution?

As well, do regular cribe sheets fit the co-sleeper? I ordered a couple of extra sheets that fit the mattress and am planning on using a waterproof pad for double protection.

Thank you,
Ellen
EDD: 2/23/03

MinnieMouse
01-09-2003, 11:02 AM
We used our Universal Co-sleeper next to our bed until dd was 6months old...that's when she learned to sit up. We had it on level with our bed until she learned to roll, then dropped it a level...when she learned to pull up we transitioned her to the crib.

She was just fine in the cosleeper. She slept every night there and in our bed...when I fell asleep nursing and forgot to move her! :-) During the day, we would switch her around, sometimes in her crib, sometimes on her gymini mat on the floor in the living room, sometimes on a quilt on the floor in the living room. I have to say...I'm glad we moved her around a lot because now at 18mo she will sleep anywhere...with almost any amount of background noise. During the holidays at a relative's house she actually slept in the corner of the living room while all the guys where watching the football game!

We loved our Universal Co-sleeper, it really served us well and we will definitely use it for #2 when the time comes.

Oh, and you can use pack-n-play sheets with it...they fit just fine.

HTH

Christine