PDA

View Full Version : Dutalier Glider 17350 vs 17330 vs 17310

stillplayswithbarbies
01-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I have been trying to decide on which glider, and I have to decide now because they take 8 to 10 weeks to arrive.

I have sat in, and loved, the 17350, but it is $499 at the place I saw it, so I am looking for it online.

babycatalog.com has the 17330 and 17310 for $349, but I don't know what is differerent about them versus the 17350. They can order me the 17350 for $354.79. Now that the Canadian websites are not allowed to ship to the U.S. anymore, is babycatalog.com the cheapest place to get these?

Is there anywhere online to see a picture of every Dutalier glider? Or at least those three so I can compare them side by side. Does anyone have any of these three?

I want swivel, glide, and recline with the lock into position. I need a high back because I am 6' tall. (that is why I like the 17350)

Is there really much difference between these three, or am I just obsessing too much? And what about fabric? Are the denim fabrics easy to keep clean, or are they going to show every baby spit up spot?

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions.

...Karen
EDD March 21

janinegillot
01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
The rocking Chair Store has pictures of a couple of the ones you mentioned, but they don't describe them:
http://www.rockingchairstore.com/babyglide.html
http://www.rockingchairstore.com/express.html

As for the shipping thing, I haven't tried the above Canadian store, but Rocking Chair Outlet will now only ship chairs to the US that they have in stock. So no special orders. Good Night Ben isn't selling Dutailiers anymore, so they can still ship here. I think Baby Catalog is about the cheapest you can find, incidentally.

Janine

Momof3Labs
01-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I ordered my Dutalier and ottoman from babycatalog.com and was very satisfied with everything. Best thing - they said 8-10 weeks to get my custom glider, and it was only about 3 weeks! But their site does leave something to be desired - they don't include a lot of information about the different models, and I didn't realize that my chair was also available with a recline feature for $20 more or I would have gotten that, also.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

stillplayswithbarbies
01-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks Janine! I looked all over that site and couldn't find those.

Now I am thinking the 17330 looks more comfortable.

I live an hour from the babycatalog outlet, so I am going to go there and order in person. It would be great if it came in 3 weeks!

...Karen

janinegillot
01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
You know, if you order online the shipping is free and there will be no sales tax if you live outside of Connecticut. If you buy it at the outlet you'll probably have to pay sales tax. But maybe the outlet has clearance stuff that the web site doesn't.
Janine

stillplayswithbarbies
01-10-2003, 01:34 PM
I have been to the outlet once, and they have the same stuff on clearance there as on the website.

I live in CT, so I would have to pay sales tax either way. The shipping is a good point, it is free from the website, but I don't know about in person.

...Karen
EDD March 21