PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Good/Bad opinions on EG Gliders?

William
01-10-2003, 01:14 AM
We're very interested in an EG Furniture Glider we saw at a local shop. We had bought a Dutalier when we had our first baby, and would like to buy a second.

The EG model felt very comfortable with very deep cushions, and very sturdy. Seemed even more suitable for future duty in a den than our current glider. I'm not sure if we can buy replacement cushions for it as easily as the Dutalier, and it does cost slightly more.

Thank you.

schums
01-10-2003, 04:38 PM
We have a EG glider and LOVE it. I can't say enough good things about it. It especially works with my husband, who is 6'6". He can recline it and have head support when he is dealing with the baby at 2am (thank goodness most of those days are behind us now). It is very sturdy with a nice wide base, and is comfy to boot. We looked at what seemed like a billion gliders and this was the best we found. It will end up in our family room once we are done with babies, and it should fit right in. Also, we got the fake leather material -- much more reasonably priced, and it doesn't look or feel much different from real leather. It cleans up like a breeze (wet cloth) and we know because we had a spitty baby!

I'm not sure how easily the cushions can be replaced -- you might want to contact the company on it.

You don't say where you're at (and I didn't check your profile) but if you are remotely close to Canada, you might want to check prices and stores there. We got ours in Canada, saved close to 50% and didn't pay any taxes, since the product is made in Canada. I'm not sure if there are any places like Goodnight Ben that ship EG gliders to the US.

Hope this helps.

Sarah