PDA

View Full Version : trying to match Pali cognac finish...

lauren1007
01-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi,

I love the Pali Renee crib in cognac, but don't like much of their furniture. Does anyone know of another company that has a finish that matches?

Thanks so much,
Lauren

joestein
01-13-2003, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't bother buying the Pali furniture because of matching finishes.

My wife and I purchases 2 Matisse Cribs and the Series 6000 (The one with the 'hips' on the bottom)combo & hutch. When we received delivery I was suprised to find the finishes don't really match. They are both 'Natural', but the crib finish doesn't have any shine, while the combo & hutch has a very glossy shine (almost looks like laquer).

In addition, while I have no complaints about the quality of the cribs, the quality of the hutch leaves a lot to be desired (the combo is OK, but not great). There are exposed nail/staple heads on the hutch and the shelves were screwed in without a pilot hole being drilled first. That makes the screws very difficult to remove, especially considering that they were cheap and easily stripped, I had to replace them.

Considering that the combo & hutch were expensive (I paid $900, but that was after I bargained the price down, the next cheapest price was $1,200)I would buy Rumble Tuff instead.

Emory
01-13-2003, 05:58 PM
We ordered the Pali Renee crib in natural and purchased our changing table and chest from a company called Mother Hubbard's Cupboards. Their furniture is first rate and they do a grat job of matching the Pali finishes. In fact, they don't make cribs at all and specialize in matching the finishes of other manufacturers. You can see their furniture at http://www.mhcfurniture.com/.

Good Luck!

JessicaF111
01-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Check your local Rumbletuff distributor (if you have one). They have some great finishes and I'm sure something that matches. I have the Sabrina in natural with cognac accent and while I ended up with an antique chest, I had found some Rumbletuff options I liked. Also, I found that Dutailier has a good match finish, too, if you are buying a glider. I believe its #16.

COElizabeth
01-14-2003, 06:52 PM
I have a Pali Sabrina crib and can't remember the finish name, but I think it might be cognac. It's a medium cherry color. We bought a dresser from the American Impressions collection at Ethan Allen, and the color is very close to the crib. We have a changing pad on top of it. EA is expensive even on sale (which is when we got it) but high quality, and we picked that one because it also matches some of our other furniture, so we should always have a place for it.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02