PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Dekor vs Diaper Dekor Plus

etwahl
01-12-2003, 02:23 AM
We got both of these at our shower. I'm wondering which one we should keep? I know the 'plus' is bigger, is that a better thing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Some people said we might want to have two -- one for upstairs and one for down, but I'm not so sure. Plus they both have different sized refills. Thoughts?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

egoldber
01-12-2003, 09:01 AM
You MAY indeed want two. I have a pail upstairs and downstairs. BUT you probably will want two that take the same same size refill. I would exchange one of them.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
01-12-2003, 02:20 PM
I'd probably choose the smaller one (or two of the smaller one, if you want). The longer the diapers sit (and the more that there are), the great chance of smell. So I would think that the smaller one would give you better results in terms of beating the smell.

But I may be wrong!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

22tango
01-13-2003, 10:46 AM
I agree. I have the Diaper Dekor and chose it over the DD Plus for the same reason. Karenna isn't yet eating solid foods and having the accompanying SMELLY diapers, so I haven't been able to test my theory quite yet. We end up emptying the Dekor about twice each week.

etwahl
01-13-2003, 12:37 PM
I never thought about this until I read both your posts, but it actually makes a lot of sense. I was planning to keep the plus, but now I'm convinced the smaller one is the way to go. Thanks for the feedback!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

egoldber
01-13-2003, 12:52 PM
IMO, a pail that doesn't hold odors isn't worth having. When I was using disposables full time, I emptied both pails (2 Diaper Genies, one upstairs and one downstairs) about every other week. There was no smell.

Now that I use disposables only occasionally, the diapers sit in the Genie for WEEKS before it gets full. And again, no odors...

HTH,

22tango
01-14-2003, 06:46 PM
The Dekor is supposed to hold odors...I haven't noticed any bad smells, just the smell of the scented liners (and we've had it in our bedroom!) But I haven't been able to put it to the real test since Karenna isn't eating solid foods yet. From reviews I've read, the Dekor, Genie & Champ all are supposed to be good with odors but not PERFECT. I've definately seen some reviewers who've mentioned them smelling after awhile. Limiting the amount of time the smelly diapers are in the pail could certainly help with that!