PDA

View Full Version : ? about your crib ~ Got a measuring tape?

5smomma
05-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi! I'm looking for a new crib and my biggest concern, after overall quality, is the depth of the crib once the mattress is on it's lowest setting. We grow TALL babies.

I've only been able to look at a few crib brands in person - one of the negatives of living in the boonies of North Dakota - and was hoping some of you might be able to help me. One of the few brands I've been able to see in person is Baby's Dream. They seem very sturdy and well made. And the sales person said they entire line is 3 inches deeper than the standard crib depth, with the Generation Next being even deeper. However, I'm concerned about their recalls/the way the side flips down.

Also, if I'm going to end up spending that much on a crib I'd be interested in knowing if any of the other higher end crib brands are also deeper than standard, and thus are ones I'd be interested in as well.

So that's where this post comes in. Any body know anything about crib depths? OR, any body want to measure the depth of their cribs for me? LOL.

Thanks a bunch,
Nicole

Tondi G
05-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I don't have a measuring tape ahndy but I wasnted to say that at our last check up my son was off the charts for height.... he will be 2 in July. We have a Pali Sabrina crib and a colgate 2 in 1 coil mattress... our son still hasn't attempted to climb out... and he is a climber!!!! I highly recommend the Pali cribs... I've been getting into his crib nightly for over a year now.... and thats 150lbs of me in there as well as his 30lbs.... it has held up to the abuse beautifully!!!!

Good luck... Hope this helps!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

dotgirl
05-12-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry I can't actually answer your question - we just bought our crib (a Leanne by Pali) yesterday, and my husband hasn't set it up yet.

However, we saw several Baby's Dream cribs at the store, so I looked them up in the latest (5th) edition of Baby Bargains, and they received a C. To be honest, I can't recall why they received a C, and since I'm at work (don't tell my boss I'm posting!), I can't check for you, but I'll be happy to peek when I get home if you'd like.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of their rating before you purchased one. :)

skwirl00
01-28-2010, 01:22 AM
I have the same question, a few years later! Looking for a crib for #2 - #1 stayed in his for over 3 years, and could have climbed out way earlier but chose not to try. He has a Baby's Dream crib and loves it (still uses it as a toddler bed). Are their cribs really deeper than the others?

newg
01-28-2010, 09:51 PM
DD is sleeping in her crib right now so I can't measure......but her crib has a lower front.........
http://www.bonavita-cribs.com/products/cribs/lifestyle/peyton-lifestyle-crib.html

We are getting the munier Essex crib for the next baby and it has a higher front that DD's crib.......
http://www.munirefurniture.com/essex_01.htm