PDA

View Full Version : Help! Identify this crib!

Vajrastorm
05-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Warning: hormonal pregnant woman being agitated!

I got back a few hours ago from USA Baby. We put down a deposit on a crib (layaway, no obligations) that I thought was a Sorelle. The crib was marked as a Sorelle.

Came home, went online to find a picture of the crib to show family -and the crib is NOT on the Sorelle product list. It looks very much like the Jenny Crib but with straight legs, not curved. The receipt says simply "Toscana." Sorelle doesn't make a Toscana, and a a web search for "crib Toscana" doesn't come up with anything. On the floor, the crib was located with the Jenny case pieces, but I remember noticing that the case pieces had curvy legs while the crib did not - so I am absolutely sure about the crib's leg style.

Naturally, the store is closed now and won't open until Monday. Since I am under no obligation, I really shouldn't worry about it, but I feeling pregnant and annoyed, lol.

Has anyone heard of a Toscana style crib? Did Sorelle used to make them?

Grasping at straws,

Andrie

drsweetie
05-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Andrie, it's possible that what you bought was a discontinued model, because that's what we got (also a Sorelle). I'd recommend contacting Sorelle directly and asking them.

Ellen

nat12
05-12-2003, 11:50 AM
I also bought a discontinued model and was never able to find any info on it on their website or anywhere else on the internet.
I agree that you should contact Sorelle, they have a 1-800 number but I can't seem to find it, sorry. I do have the local number for C&T that's on the instruction manual (201) 461-9444.

Natalie

angusmom
05-12-2003, 02:43 PM
As the other ladies say, it could be a discontinued model. The other possibility is that it is a model made specifically for the USA Baby chain of stores. Many manufacturers in this industry make exclusive products for the bigger chains, and you won't find those items on their web sites. I also recommend calling Sorelle directly and inquiring.

Vajrastorm
05-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys!

I went back to the store today and took a digital pic, so at least I can show my friends and family what it looks like.

I didn't ask the store, but the crib does look exactly like the Jenny but with straight legs.

I will call and ask if it has been discontinued. I think I'm going to stay with the crib - its sturdy, decent looking, and only $300. I have seen cribs I like more, but always at $500 or more, and I can't seem to justify an extra $200 for something no safer than the $300 crib. Especially for someone who will be pooping and chewing in the crib ;)