PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy second crib for vacation home

signazio
05-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi,
My parents own a vacation home that we plan on visiting as often as we can this summer...for as many days as we can!

Our daughter will be a year in July, roughly 22 lbs now and has always hated the pack and play. I would like to get a second crib so that she is as comfortable as she can be while we are away...I think that I would feel more comfortable getting a full size crib rather than a portable crib. Plus this would be used there until she no longer sleeps in a crib.

Could you make any recommendations?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Jen841
05-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Although we have not tested it out b/c the baby has not arrived, we are happy with the construction of our Jardine we got at BRU for $200. This could be an inexpensive solution for you.

August Mom
05-16-2003, 12:29 PM
What's your price range?

You might take a look at the Simmons and Baby Italia cribs at BRU. They are decently made but without exorbitant price tags. Also, Sears and JC Penney have cribs that are well priced and some people have had great success there. On the downside, you can't see them IRL and it's hard to tell who manufacturers the different models. Finally, if you want just a basic yet regular-sized crib, you can usually find the Jenny Lind style for around $100. Good luck.

votre_ami03
05-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I second the Babi Italia recommendation. We haven't used ours yet, but I was really happy w/my Babi Italia Picket Fences crib purchase at $250.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

signazio
05-16-2003, 03:33 PM
thanks all...

I guess I'll just have to go on an adventure and take a look at them in person...I don't want to spend an exorbitant bunch of money...because you never know how often we truly WILL get up there ("best laid plans always fall short" isn't that a saying?)

thanks again....Stephanie