PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used an armoire as a changing table?

LauraFlynn
05-19-2003, 08:58 AM
I have seen several stores with this option. The changing pad rests on top of the drawers - inside the top part of the armoire.

This is also featured in the Wendy B. article in the latest copy of ePregnancy magazine for May.

Has anyone had an success/problems with using an armoire as a changing table?

Thanks!

mam615
05-19-2003, 12:50 PM
I use the top of a dresser for a changing station, and I find it really convenient to have the drawers right there. I have shelves on the side of the dresser to hold diapers, wipes, etc.

It seems to me though, that having the changing pad enclosed in an armoire would be cumbersome. I often find myself reaching for things on either end of the changing station (diapers, wipes, etc.), and I always try to keep one hand on my squirming baby while I'm doing so. It seems that if the changing pad were inside a cabinet, the side walls and doors might get in the way of my holding on. Also, there's lots of bending over involved (throwing away the diaper & wipes, picking up things that fall, etc.), and I can imagine banging my head on the doors (unless they recess into the cabinet). I assume it would be cheaper to get the dresser without the armoire attachment -- I think that would be the better route.

APG
05-19-2003, 06:04 PM
the bellini changing table has a hutch over it. Many of my friends have this and love it. i have used it many times---the shelves above are very useful for storing supplies

bathbody
05-22-2003, 09:47 AM
>the bellini changing table has a hutch over it. Many of my
>friends have this and love it. i have used it many
>times---the shelves above are very useful for storing
>supplies

Yes, the Bellini changing tables look great! They're hidden in the armoire, and ROLL out towards you, so that baby's feet are towards you. Looks awesome!

APG
05-23-2003, 03:33 PM
that's actually the best feature of the belini's changing tables. I have the dresser top one. you put their feet towards you. they're very large but they can be stored undernead and rolled out. I still use it for my 2.5 y/o dd and it is in no way too small.