PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bassett Cribs and Dressers @ some Super Targets ??

Grace_underfire
05-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi!

I just saw some nice baby bassett cribs at one of our super targets. They are 299 for the crib sleigh style solid winscotting panels on the ends, very nice. And the dresser was $299 as well (not a high and low but a very nice sturdy dresser)

Does anybody have any experiences with Baby Bassett?? We are considering buying these two pieces but cannot find anybody that has done so. They also display them on high so you cannot fool with them much, although DH felt them and they seemed to be sturdier than most cribs. The release is not hidden hardware but it is still nice and seemed to work smoothly.

Let me know if you have seen them or better yet if you have bought one. The book gives bassett a B+ I think. I wonder if Baby Bassett is the same?

BTW the baby bassett cribs and furniture pieces do not appear on the target website.

lahoward
09-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Was wondering if you did buy the Baby Bassett crib at
Target. I have seen the same cribs and was thinking about
getting one, but was looking for feedback from somebody
who might have already gotten one.

Grace_underfire
09-16-2003, 01:15 PM
We did go ahead and get it. Baby is due in two weeks but the crib is beautiful and the dresser is beautiful too. It was easy to put together and it is solid wood. For $600 -10% we got (opening a target card) I am very happy with it so far!

We got the pine sleigh styled one.

Good luck!!

SeekerMage
09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Can you tell me does it have a spring mattress support or the wood platform? Thanks for the info because Im thinking about looking into one myself.

tjk65
11-12-2003, 06:07 PM
This crib does have the spring mattress support. We bought this crib in white and took it back. We noticed that it had hairline cracks in the legs and the railings. We also noticed that there were putty marks that had been painted over. We went to the store and relooked at the one on display and found the same thing. We were very worried about the quality. This bed is made of pine. For $100 more, we got a Simmons sleigh crib made of Maple at BRU and am much happier with the quality.