PDA

View Full Version : Pali One Hand Drop Side?

Chereya
05-23-2003, 05:32 PM
I have just started researching the cribs available by crib manufacturer. I wish more of them had web sites with better information instead of forcing you to go to a retailer to find out basic info. :( I was looking at the Cloud 9 web site and one of the descriptions posted for all of the Pali cribs is an "innovative one hand drop side". Does anyone know what this is and how it works? I had previously been thinking that a knee push would be best for me because I am short - 5'1".

I haven't made any shopping trips to stores yet. I'm still in the cranky stage where I don't like to go out much or stay out long. I live in Savannah, GA and will be making a weekend trip to Charlotte, NC in June. I haven't seen any big baby stores in my area - does anyone have any suggestions for my trip to Charlotte?

Thanks for your advice!

Chereya

August Mom
05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
I am not positive. I think that I would call a Pali retailer to be sure. However, when I was looking at Pali cribs in 2002, the drop sides were of the knee push variety. Perhaps that is the one-handed operation? You do only need one hand with the knee push. Sorry I'm not more help.

dotgirl
05-25-2003, 04:44 PM
We have the Pali Leane, and it has the "knee-drop" side, which they also call the one hand drop side. It's pretty easy for us to use, although a) we haven't used it with a baby in it (not due until November), and b) I'm 5'9", and my husband is 6'1", so I can't say how it would work for someone shorter.

CarolynBe
06-25-2003, 01:47 PM
I have a Pali Sabrina. It has a knee-drop or one hand drop. You pull up on the rail with your hand and push it in with your knee to get it to drop. I like it because I didn't like the wire thing you have to kick with your feet to get other cribs to lower their sides. I figured that it would be hard for me to balance on one leg while holding a baby.

I have had my Sabrina for 4 years now and really like it. I think the drawer underneath is a nice feature where I store extra blankets and sheets and it also gives the crib extra stability. Try shaking cribs without drawers in stores and you will see they move a lot.

Good luck on your shopping.

Carolyn

parentsin2003
08-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Watch out for CLOUD NINE! They are doing the best they can, I am sure but they can not control this manufacturer...Here is my post from tonight. We are in such a bind now!

Despite the review of PALI cribs in the Baby Bargains book, which at the time I read mine was two years old, I purchased a PALI Renoir Crib from the Cloud Nine Sleep Shop website. The crib arrived within 1 week of placing my order but had a crack in the footboard. A crack severe enough to prevent the side rail from moving up and down. Not to mention that it was hazardous enough as it was.

The crib arrived in mid-May. We immediately called for a replacement footboard and were told a new one was on it's way...by container carrier. 12 weeks later, the container arrives with NO FOOTBOARD. No heads up that it wasn't coming either. Nothing. I now have an a 12 pound little one without a crib! Oh my!

The Cloud Nine shop has been very nice but can not help us. They claimed that the factory has not been accommodating to their requests for an update as to why this order was not processed. Being a take-charge kind of person, I called the manufacturer's rep today. A man named Jim Leavitt in Texas. What a JERK. He does not want to help and claims that as the rep he is not in charge of what they make or don't make so not to blame my problems on him. Then, he hung up on me when I asked who else to discuss this with.

On whom then should we blame this ridiculous circumstance? Perhaps myself for not realizing that this company has not turned itself around in the past two years.

Beware of PALI products and their service. Shop at your own risk.

PS - two stores here in my home town have dropped PALI in the past year or so because of these kinds of issues.

Parentsin 2003
Cribless parents of 14-week-old Gabriel