PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Prices Going Up?

LD92599
05-28-2003, 02:53 PM
I just rec'd this email from a local baby store.....FYI (i don't know if there's truth to it or not!).

Dear Valued Customer,

The Euro is going crazy against the dollar and while we don't no exactly why, we do know that many of the furniture companies are raising prices. Many of these go into effect on June 1, including RAGAZZI furniture. We know that many of our customers have been in looking and thinking, so now would be a great time to place your order before prices go up by 5% or more. Saturday will be the absolute last day to order Ragazzi and any other company whose prices are going up on June 1. We are open Thursday and Friday to 9 p.m. and Saturday 10 to 6. We hope to see you soon.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

sunny2003
05-28-2003, 08:55 PM
In a similar vein, I just ordered a 3 drawer chest from Forever Mine and customer service told me that the dressers are going $10 up in price "in a few weeks" - not a big increase but if you want to order from them, now may be the time!

HTH!

Debtex
05-30-2003, 02:44 AM
I don't know anything specifically about baby furniture prices, but it makes sense that they're going to have to raise prices. The Euro/Dollar conversion rate has increased by almost 15% since January...European exporters are going to have to raise prices, because most don't have profit margins to cover that kind of extra cost.

I think it's a great thing that the store sent out that letter...very good customer service!

Deb

DDowning
05-30-2003, 11:38 AM
But isn't Ragazzi made in Canada? I didn't think they were tied to the Euro.

Jodi
05-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes, Ragazzi is made in Canada but the Canadian Dollar has also strengthened vs the US Dollar significantly recently.