PDA

View Full Version : Nursing stool

spencersmommy
06-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Hello! I am using a rocking chair, used by my mom with me, and would like to get a stool to put my feet up while nursing. Does anyone have a good stool or know where to get a good one? Thanks!
Amy
baby due today...where is he??? :-)

danielleh
06-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Hi,

I have a wooden nursing stool made by Medela that I have found useful. It is about $25 and they have it at BRU.

HTH,
Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

Rachels
06-03-2003, 09:54 AM
I had that same one, and it was great! I still use it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MinnieMouse
06-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Walmart sells a stool by Lanisoh (I think) that looks EXACTLY like the Medela stool but is cheaper...I think it was about $20. This stool was indispensible in nursing dd.

HTH

Christine

mamarabil
06-04-2003, 06:34 PM
If you have a Total Craft around you they have some for $5 and I'm going to have my painted to match the nursery. Good luck!

shall85296
06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
I found an upholstered stool at TJ Maxx that works perfectly. It's not technically a "nursing stool", but the height and width are exactly the same as a regular wooden one. The top is upholstered and the legs are a finished wrought iron if you like that look.
It happened to coordinate w/ my nursery perfectly. I think it was $13 or so, and now my son loves to climb all over it. I also noticed that there were screws underneath ( like a kitchen chair) so that you could re-upholster it w/ your own fabric.

MinnieMouse
06-12-2003, 10:59 AM
The Medela and Lanisoh stools are specifically for nursing. They have a sloped top to them...the side closest you is lower (where your heels go) than the front (where your toes are). This is specifically done this way to make you more comfortable staying in that ONE position. Generally your knees are HIGHER than your lap when comfortably nursing in a sitting position..and the sloped stool REALLY helps w/ circulation, etc.

HTH

Christine