PDA

View Full Version : BabyStyle Cribs

new_mommy25
06-07-2003, 02:23 PM
I was on the babystyle website and founnd two cribs I really liked.
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductFrame.asp?DepartmentID=4&CategoryID=32&SubCategoryID=490&ClassID=528
It was the Shelby convertible Crib and the Classic Convertible Crib.
I also liked the changing tables that matched them as well, and the fact that I can get free shipping. Not only that, they both come with
the CSR. With some cribs you have to order that seperate.
However, it doesn't say what brand the cribs were. Does anyone own a crib from babystyle? How was there customer service? Did everything come to you in good condition?
We had originally registered for the Babi Italia Carlisle crib and changing table at BRU. We liked how both the changing table and crib had a drawer but we can live without that. In fact, we decideed to go with natural just so we could buy a dresser etc. from regular furniture to match.
However, the prices were more expensive than these baby style cribs, and I noticed that Babi Italia just had a recent recall. Even though it was a different crib it still kind of alarmed me.
Thanks for any information!

I think I may have found the crib on epinions
http://www.epinions.com/Childesigns_Shelby_Convertible_Baby_Crib_Cribs#
Too bad there are no reviews. It looks like Babyage has an even better price. Any opinions on their website, ie customer service?
Thanks

sugarsnappea
06-07-2003, 02:49 PM
I originally ordered my crib from Babystyle. The customer service was suberb. I called to cancel my order after finding a crib I liked better. The woman informed my that the freight company already was en route to my home. However, I was still able to cancel the crib at this point. She was terrific and I felt so damn guilty. :)

The crib I intended on ordering was a Davinci, which according to BB, is actually Million Dollar Baby. I am unaware what other brands babystyle carries.

Also, don't forget to use babystyle coupon codes. There are usually a few floating around the web.

Deb

Mom to Julia Grace 6-23-01
EDD #2 1-15-04

new_mommy25
06-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks. I totally understand about the crib. I've already changed my mind about 6 or 7 different cribs. Luckily I haven't bought any yet! Did they make you pay for the shipping?
I was planning to use either the FREESHIPPING coupon for first timers, or BEACHBALL which gets you $50 off of $150 or more. Are you happy with your DaVinci crib? I saw a few styles I liked, but was unsure

sugarsnappea
06-08-2003, 12:27 PM
I don't know if they let you piggyback coupons on Babystyle anymore- it is worth a try. I think they let me do a free shipping and a first time customer $50 off coupon.

I was set on a sleigh-style crib and I wanted exposed hardware. I know it sounds funny, but seeing the metal instead of plastic made it seem more traditional to me. I did end up ordering a different Davinci crib and am happy with it. It is a great crib for the cost and my 2 year old still sleeps in it. It doesn't look as solid as my friend's Pali crib but it doesn't look like a flimsy, cheap crib either.

Hope this helps! :)

justlearning
06-09-2003, 08:56 AM
The Shelby crib is the exact crib I wish I had bought! I saw it featured in a magazine article on the ideal nursery but unfortunately it was already too late--I had already purchased a Simmons crib that didn't look nearly as nice for more money.

In case you do end up buying from babystyle, I wanted to let you know--in case you don't already--that you can get a 6% rebate on all your purchases from babystyle by using ebates. (That would amount to around $25 if you bought both the crib and changing table.) You can get a check mailed to you by ebates that gives you rebates on purchases from hundreds of stores, including many baby sites in addition to babystyle (e.g., 7% from babycenter.com, 7% from babyuniverse, and many more). All you have to do is sign up with ebates, then click on that website from ebates rather than going to it directly. The nice thing is you can still use online coupons or discounts and get the rebate on top of that--it's a way I've saved lots of money in my online shopping for our baby. Here's a link to sign up: http://www.ebates.com/affiliate_landing.jsp?promotion_code=REF1&eeid=13840&banner=9710&[email protected]&refpageid=1 (Note: you can sign up by going to ebates directly, but I'd really appreciate your using this link because it gives me credit for telling you about ebates.)

Good luck with your crib decision. Hopefully, you'll end up very happy with whatever you choose.

new_mommy25
06-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have just signed up on ebates. I had heard about that site before but wasn't exactly sure how it worked. I haven't purchased the crib yet, I'm still a little tentative. I haven't called the babystyle yet, but I'm pretty sure thte crib is manufactured by childdesigns. I saw the same crib at http://www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productId=1573091 for only $179.00. However, I am concerned about the matress heights. It only has two, while other crib's I've seen have 3 or 4. Do you think that makes much of a difference? I asked a friend, and she said NO, because as soon as your baby can pull themselves up you want to drop it to the lowest height anyway. If I do buy the crib, I'll probably just spend the extra $50 and buy it from babystyle.com as opposed to babyage just because it looks like babystyle has a better return policy in the event that something goes wrong.
Again, thanks for the ebates tip!

justlearning
06-11-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm glad you found the ebates tip helpful. Regarding your mattress height question, I can't really answer that because I'm a new mom so am still only using the highest height (our crib has 3 mattress positions). Maybe other more experienced moms here can help you out with that question. I think what your friend says makes sense, though, especially because it's a pain (at least for our crib) to change the mattress heights. I'm also curious to hear if/how/when other moms use the middle height positions.