PDA

View Full Version : DC area shoppers: is Baby-To-Teen furniture store worth the trip?

dueinmay
06-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Heard that this store in Manassas has a big selection. True? How about prices? Thanks for any opinions! :)

Rebecca

It's a girl!

egoldber
06-23-2003, 01:29 PM
What are you looking for? They do have a lot, but not necessarily any better than what you would find in BuyBuyBaby or Great Beginnings. It is definitely higher end than BRU. Their prices seemed pretty standard for most things.

I only shopped for strollers and high chairs there. They do have some things that are a little harder to find: Combi high chair, Kiwi strollers, Bertini strollers, Aprica strollers, etc.

HTH,

cinrein
06-25-2003, 02:33 PM
They have a good selection of stuff---a huge selection of cribs! Prices are the list price. I will go there to check something out IRL, then buy it for cheaper somewhere else.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

dueinmay
06-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Yes, what *am* I looking for? :) Well, something that doesn't take weeks to order, since I'm buying this post-baby! Seriously, I am hoping to find something $300 or under that looks a little sturdier or better made than what they had on display at my BRU. (I did like the Bassett crib; felt very solid and more like "real" furniture - but it has no drop side - a must for me at 5'1" ). Perhaps I'm not going to find anything much different in my price range. I suppose I just dread getting one at BRU and then later seeing something I'd have really liked, if I'd had access to more of a selection. I'm prone to buyer's remorse as it is . . .

:)

Rebecca

It's a girl!

egoldber
06-26-2003, 06:47 PM
We got a Bonavita crib at BuyBuyBaby (post-baby) and took it home that same day. It was $250 and we have been very pleased.

HTH,

dueinmay
06-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Ooh! I think I will have to go. :) Hope I am as lucky as you!

And thanks for replying!

Rebecca

It's a girl!