PDA

View Full Version : mattress pad

first_time mum
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
I was wondering what brand of water-proof mattress pads I should buy to use under the crib-sheet. Also, should I get the ones with vinyl on one side and cloth on the other or the kinds that come with the protective vinyl in the middle with cloth on either side?

I intend to use the mattress pad underneath the sheet and then have my UCS on top of the sheet (want to be extra cautious about leaks). Any suggestions? The baby bargains book does not give any suggestions of brands on the mattress pads and so I am lost. I undertsand that Lands End ones are good, but are there any other ones that would be cheaper since I am also going to be using the UCS?.

-SP

millerpjm
07-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I like my mattress pad from JCPenney. It's waterproof, but does not feel "plastic-y". It fits the crib well too. I can't remember the price, but Penney's always has sales going on.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (4 1/2 months)

first_time mum
07-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Can you tell me if you have the Super Soaker mattress pad or the one from Bright Future? Also, do they carry these in the store or did you order them online?

-SP (EDD 9/28/03)

millerpjm
07-01-2003, 11:34 AM
I looked online at JCPenney (to see which one I have) and it looks like the bright future one. It is available online.

Oh, and I have seen on other posts that the Carter's mattress pad does not fit very well... you might want to stay away from that one.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (4 1/2 months)