PDA

View Full Version : Jardin Cribs and JCPenney Cribs

bknester
07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I have been looking at the Jardin brand cribs at BabiesRUs and the cribs in JCPenney catalog as an option to possibly save a couple hundred dollars. JCPenney's doesn't give a brand name on their cribs. Neither of these was in the Baby Bargains Book 4th edition that I have. Does anyone have any knowledge of the quality of these cribs?

Thank you,

Karen

BroncoGuy
07-09-2003, 12:43 PM
My wife and are also looking at the JCPenney cribs. There is some information in the book on them (you need to look in the catalog section where they get a mfg name that I cannot remember at the moment.) I believe they were rated as a B- or a C+. The biggest issue seemed to be that some of them have poor mattress support (sheet of plywood in one case.) As there is no way to look at one in person, I don't know how to figure out whether the crib I want has decent support or not.

It is pretty frustrating that you cannot "kick the tires" on these cribs.

bknester
07-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks BroncoGuy. I got an email from the book authors saying that the new edition rates Jardin as B+ and the JCPenney Domusindo brand as A-. The ratings aren't bad. I guess I need to buy the new edition of the book. It's not easy to make a decision when you want to save money, but get a safe, nice looking crib that will last. Good luck. Let me know what you go with....Karen