PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a matress would prefer to buy at BRU

Grace_underfire
07-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi! I thought of buying the Colgate Classica I like the book recommends however I have some store credit at BRU and I am trying to figure out if anybody has the Sealy matress 59.99 that I am linking below. I think that this is the one that the book also recommended but wanted to see what your opinions were and whether I should go ahead and buy the Colgate one. Is it that great? What is the best price for the Colgate one?

Thanks!

Sealy Matress:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056JBO/ref=ba_br_o_a20//002-6379714-6264864?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&coliid=I1HF9T9BXO2WYR

votre_ami03
07-14-2003, 01:41 PM
I have it & even though the baby is not here, the mattress seems just fine & firm enough. It is not terribly easy to change sheets, the mattress fits pretty snug, but safety is more important than changing the sheets.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

sbaker
07-14-2003, 02:13 PM
I have the Colgate Classica I mattress. I bought it because it was SO much lighter than any other mattress. I believe the Colgate weighs something like 5# whereas the Sealy weighs about 15#. A friend of mine has the Sealy and was amazed at how much easier it was to change the sheets on the Colgate. 10# can make a lot of difference when you are changing soggy sheets at 3 am IMO.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

peanut4us
07-14-2003, 05:14 PM
We have it and it works great for DD. At first I worried that maybe it was too firm, but now that she has put on some weight, she loves to kick, kick, kick in the mornings before I go in. So I think it is alright.

It is a bugger to change the sheets, and the durned thing is excessively heavy. But I just make the crib like a sandwich... one layer mattress pad, one layer sheet, mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet.

So i have three layers, that way in the middle of the night, I can easily scooch the top layers off without having to lift the mattress.

This has worked well for us so far... Maybe when she is lots bigger and her "accidents" are more prolific this will be a problem.

For now, we love the mattress. We bought it because we felt, for its rating, it was an excellent.