PDA

View Full Version : Kolcraft Lil Sleeper Basinet Pad Help?

Lovebug
07-18-2003, 12:36 PM
I have a hand-me-down Lil Sleeper bassinet from my sister and the pad is so thin and when you put a bassinet sheet on it - the pad bunches up (doesn't lay flat). Any tips on what to do - looked for replacement pads but none fit the oval size. Tried different sheets as well but the elastic around the edges make the pad bunch up.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated so I don't have to go and buy another bassinet.

JElaineB
07-18-2003, 10:56 PM
I have the exact same bassinet and the exact same thing happened to me. I did have the right size sheets (though rectangular not oval). My husband went out in the garage, got a piece of plywood and shaped it to the size of the bassinet pad (I can ask him how if you want more info). We then put the bassinet pad on top of the plywood and put the sheet around both and put the whole thing in the bassinet. Worked like a charm. We used it that way until the baby was 2.5 months old.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

shibababy
07-26-2003, 12:40 PM
For this particular bassinet you need the bassinet sheets that measure 16" by 32". You can find these at Wal-Mart. I have the Gerber brand. Also if you want to make the pad a little thicker buy a thick knit blanket and put it between the pad and the sheet. I hope this helps.

JElaineB
07-26-2003, 01:48 PM
The correct size sheets (can't remember if that is 16x32 or not but it sounds right) still cause the pad to bunch because they are rectangular not oval like the pad, and the pad is very thin. Something is definitely needed to make the pad thicker and/or hold it in place with this particular bassinet. Blankets under the pad might work, but I felt safer with a hard surface underneath the pad rather than a soft one.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02