PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Positioner that Prevents Plagio?

bathbody
07-22-2003, 11:23 AM
I thought I saw a sleep positioner on the market that has 2 slants at the head support to prevent head flattening.
I can't find it anywhere, but of course...

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::
NEVER MIND. I FOUND IT, and it didn't get good reviews on bru.com.

heidi_timms
07-22-2003, 12:12 PM
I use one that helps you rotate baby. It positions them on their sides or back so you can constantly switch them around. It was called 2-in-1 sleep positioner by Graco. I actually bought it at TJMaxx.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

bathbody
07-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Ok, I've seen that one on the internet.
Based on that recommendation, I'll add that to the consideration list.
What about this one from OneStepAhead.com?
http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com/jump.jsp?itemID=794&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=118&iSubCat=0&iProductID=794
http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com/images//product/family/7557_v.jpg

amyinNC
07-23-2003, 09:36 AM
We have one similar to this that is inclined on one end (where his head goes) with the pillow cushioning - purchased at Babies r us, I think for around $19.99. With the firmness of our mattress, it seems like this cushion might help him end up with a rounder head. Our pediatrician recommended we switch directions (which side his head lays on) in the crib every few days also.

Amy
mom to Andrew (born July 9, 2003)

vikivoly
07-28-2003, 02:54 PM
I purchased this one for DD after she was starting to get a bit of flattening on the right side of her head. She was already about 3 months old and she wiggled her way out of it easily. I currently use the head pillow on the changing table.

mamaharsh
07-29-2003, 12:01 PM
We purchased this for our son when he was a few weeks old. The head part was a lot firmer than it looks and he didn't appear very comfortable when laying on it. We ended up using it without the pillow as a way to make him feel more "cuddled" at night.

HTH,
Sara, mama to Nathaniel (10/01)

mom2binsd
08-03-2003, 01:19 AM
I got mine at Target for about 14.99 - the two side supports velcro to the bottom,so you can adjust them and the head piece provides a softer place for babies head - mine works pretty well.