PDA

View Full Version : Crib Hunting!

Michelle in SD
07-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. First time poster so please be kind. :)

I'm expecting my first child in December and actually, today, we will find out whether we have a boy or a girl. We are so excited either way!!!

I'm in crib-searching mode. I originally planned to purchase the sleigh crib from Pottery Barn, but Baby Bargains made me think twice so I'm searching around. NOTE: I do get a discount from PB as I am an employee so that brings the high prices down considerably. Still, I'm a thrifty gal so I want to get the most for my money.

I've checked out JCP and didn't really see one I liked. Their only sleigh crib is made in Indonesia and appears somewhat unstable. It's hard to buy something like this sight unseen. I have a list of specialty stores in my area to check out cribs by Status and Ragazzi and also I plan to go to Sears and Babies R Us. I submitted a request for more info on the Morigeau website.

My question...any tips for this inexperienced buyer? Anyone have a crib that they just LOVE? We do like the sleigh style. We want a dark mahogany/espresso if it's a boy and probably a simple white if it's a girl.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to posting with all of you.

Michelle :)

heva
07-28-2003, 12:52 PM
If you have a Burlington Coat Factory with a Baby Depot in it near you, you should go check it out. We found a great selection there and the prices were much better than the specialty stores like USA Baby.

Here's a link to my previous rave about our crib which we bought there: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/1143.html

Welcome to the boards!

Michelle in SD
07-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks Heather! Your crib is beautiful!!!!

I'll definitely look into the Burlington/Baby Depot tip!

Michelle :)

hwin708
07-28-2003, 09:06 PM
I just purchased a Baby's Dream Generation Next crib that I love. It is sleigh style and convertible, though I doubt I will use that feature.
It looks MUCH cuter IRL than online. I bought it at USA Baby, in the aged white finish. It was about $600. I do believe the one with no side drop was only $350.
http://www.babysdream.com/catalog/index.html