PDA

View Full Version : When do you quit using a changing table?

vikivoly
07-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Just curious because I love mine. When is the baby too big/old to use the table?

egoldber
07-29-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm still using mine!

mare_mare
08-02-2003, 12:28 PM
I never actually used mine. I found it easier to just use the crib...I kept a pad down so the sheet wouldn't get ruined. However, my friend used hers for such a long time, until about 2 I guess. Then her son got too wiggly for it and she found the floor safer for him, though not so great for her back :-)

HTH.

Mary
Mommy to Bryan
6/25/02

josephsmom
08-03-2003, 06:34 AM
We still use ours. It's the ONLY place that Joseph will lie still for a change. If I try to change him on a pad on the floor downstairs, he'll roll and thrash around as if to say, "Hey! This is not where you change me!"

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

luvbeinmama
08-05-2003, 12:13 AM
I still was using ours with DS when I was pg with DD and couldn't manage the floor. LOL! He was 2 yrs 9 mos when she was born, and he was too big for it, as his legs went over the side. But it still worked, and I had him climbing up for me to change him when it got to be too much for me to lift him up. We DO have a relatively LARGE changing table too (and very sturdy), but I love it! All that said, I actually was doing most of my changing him on the floor before I got too big as it was just easier to tell him to lay down wherever he was. They go through a very wiggly stage when it becomes harder to change them, but I found this phase to be easier on the table than on the floor. Probably that is mostly because I have to use rash cream all the time and it is easier to pin them down on the table than on the floor. So, I guess my answer is, when they are no longer in diapers! Or when you use the floor because it is just easier. Of course that depends on the table too. Hope that was helpful!