PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Allen ??

PattiB
07-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Hi there - I'm a soon-to-be first-time mom wondering if anyone has had any experience with Ethan Allen baby furniture - particularly cribs and changing tables. Normally I wouldn't be even considering EA, but my mom is a designer there who can get family discounts for me which makes it suddenly affordable. The baby bargains book really doesn't go into any detail on EA, other than to say it's expensive. Does anyone have any input as to the safety of their baby furniture? I've had great experience with EA but I'm just not sure about safety issues with infants, etc. Any input would be appreciated!!

COElizabeth
07-29-2003, 02:45 PM
I can't really answer your question because I don't have the baby furniture, but I did buy a 4-drawer EA chest for DS's room. I put a Simmons changing pad on top and use it as my changing table (as well as his dresser). I put diapers and wipes in the top right drawer. I bought this piece because it matches our bedroom furniture so will always be useful in our home. I like this arrangement better than a traditional changing table not only because it has a longer useful life but also because the drawers are closed, and DS can't pull diapers and clothes off it (until he learns to open drawers, that is!).

I got a Pali crib in a finish that blends well with the dresser. BTW, sooo jealous of your EA discount. I would love more furniture - not for DS's room but for the rest of the house!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02