PDA

View Full Version : Help -Baby arms/legs sticking out of crib

mom2binsd
07-30-2003, 10:04 AM
My very active 8 week old sleeps in her crib, she is a great sleeper, but in the last two days has woken up because she once rolled onto her tummy and her little arms were through the front of the crib rails, this morning she woke up because she was on her side and both her legs were through two rails!

Our crib is brand new and meets all saftey requirements. We don't have bumpers and our pediatrician said nt to put any in as she could easily suffocate as she is getting so close to the sides. We had a sleep positioner, but because she moves around so much it was just getting in her way and didn't contain her. The problem is the front side of the crib (it's the one we raise/lower). The back side is solid so it doesn't pose a problem.

Any suggestions????? She is such a great sleeper, she sleeps about 5-6 hours in her crib each night and we'd hate for that to stop!

Thanks!

egoldber
07-30-2003, 12:21 PM
If she's rolling around that much and is only 8 weeks, I wouldn't use a bumper. Have you tried a sleep positioner or putting her in a sleep sack at night. Either or both of those may restrict her movement enough so that she doesn't roll over.

And if she is rolling over and is that active in her crib at 8 weeks, heaven help you!!! She'll be crawling and walking before you know it!

JElaineB
07-30-2003, 12:55 PM
We don't use bumpers either. When my son first learned to roll over and move around some in his crib, the same thing happened. It only took a few days and he somehow figured out not to stick his hands, feet etc. out the slats too much. I would say just give it a few days and see what happens. You might try a sleep sack as another poster suggested (I like the Halo sleep sacks) as that will enclose her feet at least and make it less likely she will stick them out the slats.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02