PDA

View Full Version : Round cribs

nkjezyk
07-30-2003, 01:51 PM
I am not due for another 6 months, but am researching various nursery furnishings now. We have a small, irregularly shaped room with 2 windows that is going to be a challenge to lay out. It seems a round crib might fit better. What do people really think of round cribs? Quality, function, price? I saw one on line for a little less than $500 that included a firm foam mattress and free shipping. I'd love any input, since the Baby Bargains book doesn't go into much detail on these. Thanks.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-30-2003, 02:46 PM
I saw sheets for these at www.kidsurplus.com

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Tondi G
07-31-2003, 06:45 PM
There is a member on the boards that has a round crib... Neve I believe.... her screenname is mama2be I think!!!! If you head over to the baby bargins lounge board she is there and she has a website posted with her signature... you can check out her gorgeous round crib!!!!

I think the main concern is priceing of sheeting.... since it's not standard you may pay a premium!!!

Good Luck
~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

decembermom
08-08-2003, 12:26 PM
What did you find out as to troubles with the round cribs? Anything? I'm in exactly the same position regarding wanting a round crib, but I'm due in early December and ready to buy. I found a cute inexpensive round crib by Angel Line at a local store and on three websites. In person it looks sturdy. The local store takes 6 to 8 weeks to deliver; one website promises two weeks. The price differences are no more than $10 or so once you include shipping. My mother sews well and I'm getting around the round bedding problem by having her make the sheets and other stuff.

decembermom

mama2be
08-10-2003, 05:35 PM
As mentioned I ahve one...and it is in a picutre in my signiture line...I feel silly admitting that he has never spent the night in it...he sleeps with us which never was planned but works...

He does nap and watch his mobile in it though. Some have said that it is not deep for future use, we've yet to look at the engineering of it BUT we do plan to see if Steve can lower it some how even if he has to drill himself to make it happen.

I like it for looks, but doubt I would have spent the Little Miss Liberty prices on it. I got mine from a family that co-slept never used it and got the sheets and linens with it. I paid $300 a steal for a wood one...and sold the sheets that came with it on Ebay for $200...so I got it for $100. I used the sheets as a template to have my seamstress make my linens and I spent tons on the diopini silk fabric that I used.

I would stay very clear of Little MIss Liberty IF you are buying from them...awful customer service and I have heard long long long wiats...

I was very intriqued by the Angel Line ones, and liked that they had "turned spindles" which is the spindels that have detail/curves to them.

I had this site listed under "favorites" on my computer
http://www.ababy.com/itempage.asp?itemno=303&CategoryID=8&Total=60&Cur=53&AID=7381862&PID=472115

You can get shets made on Ebay...I acutally only have the mattress cover with a nice "lovie" of a lion dressed likea circus lion from Gund...that is my "color" and pizazz in the crib.

Good luck!!!! Just felt like I should let you know the little I do know about one...againt hough I would stay clear of Miss Liberty directly I was not impressed by them when I called to get the canopy contraption...I also would stay clear of the "dura crib line" that they sell...it is plastic and I saw one in a store and would NEVER get one!!!!!

Check Ebay daily there are several that come up and some have some really cute linens...If you can swing it I'd custom my linens for it if I were you...I do not like any of the linens that are out there for them...

EDited to clarify that mine is a Little MIss Liberty...jsut not bought from them...and edited to add I would not hesitate purchasing an Angle Line one at all...

HTH!!!

EllaLovesEbay
09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi, I have the Angel line crib from ababy.com and I absolutely love it! It was very easy to put together (did it myself w/o dh). My dd is almost 6 months old and has been sleeping in her crib since she was 10 weeks. She's a big baby and has plenty of room to move around.

I did a lot of shopping and this was the best price for a round crib I could find. Not too much more than a regular crib, and I can't tell you how people's eyes light up when they walk in the nursery.
http://www.ababy.com/itempage.asp?CategoryID=8&Total=118&Cur=3&itemno=303

I also got the sheets at ababy.com
http://www.ababy.com/itempage.asp?CategoryID=28&Total=34&Cur=2&itemno=2418
It really wasn't more expensive then standard crib bedding like everyone had said. I also bought a few extra bottom sheets and a mattress pad on ebay.

Overall I'm incredibly happy with this crib, it is sturdy and the double trigger release is easy enough. If you want a special something for your nursery this is it! I've attached an image of mine.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12643.jpg

shyviolet
09-10-2004, 12:39 AM
First, let me preface by saying I know nothing about round or corner cribs! But in case you haven't seen these, I thought I'd throw it out there! www.babytrilogy.com sells corner cribs, similar to the round size-wise I think, but triangular to fit in a corner. They are $400-$500 for the crib, $99 for the mattress, and they sell a 3-pack of sheets for $52. I've heard good things about the company. I don't know if this will be any cheaper than a round crib, but I thought it might help you to have another option.