PDA

View Full Version : Co-sleeping parents: when did you switch to crib?

luvmypeanut
08-03-2003, 08:25 PM
We are currently co-sleeping with our baby and I was wondering when would be a good time to switch her over to her crib in her own room? I gave birth in the US and then we traveled a bit before coming back to Japan so co-sleeping was the natural solution. The Dr Sears book implies that this could last 2 years, which is not an option for us. When have you switched your babies over and how did you do it?

Many thanks.

Tuyet
mom to Nathalie 4/15/03

jubilee
08-03-2003, 11:13 PM
We moved Logan to a bassenette for about 2 weeks, and that went well so then he moved into his crib at about 14 weeks old. I sleep so much better, and frankly so does Logan because we were just too squished!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-04-2003, 09:09 AM
My Logan is 4 months old and still cosleeping. My son coslept until he was about 4 years old. After that, he would come in our bed in the morning since he woke up before we did and was not old enough to be downstairs by himself. He would get in bed with us and sometimes go back to sleep and sometimes watch cartoons while we slept.

It's really up to you as to how long you want to do it.

Once they can roll over it is not safe to put them to sleep in a big bed alone, so I put the baby to sleep in her crib and then take her with us to bed when we go to bed later.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03