PDA

View Full Version : questions for Pali and Child Craft crib owners

mommyj
08-04-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm trying to decide between a Pali and a Child Craft crib and I have a few questions.

Are Child Craft cribs as durable as Pali cribs? I plan to use the same crib for more than one child, so durability is important.

Are Pali cribs really worth the extra money? Is a low-end Pali better than a Child Craft? If so, in what ways? If noy, why not?

What made you choose the crib you bought?

I found a Child Craft crib I really like, and it's $130 cheaper than any of the Pali cribs I've found. I'm hoping to get some opinions before making my decision. I don't mind paying more for a Pali crib if they're that much better...I just can't decide if they are that much better. I've read a lot of threads in which people say they bought a Pali because of the design, but I found a really cute Child Craft crib, so design isn't really a factor in my decision.
TIA!

Ti Lung
08-04-2003, 11:16 AM
I own a Pali Le Ann crib. Baby has been sleeping in it for 12 weeks, and no problem thus far. I bought it for $299 at Behr's (located on Long Island, NY). But I also found the same price for the Le Ann at Forever Young, which is a regional store.

Don't know much about Child Craft, but I personally believe that $300 for an Italian crib made of solid wood is worth the price.

HTH.

Suzyfunk
08-04-2003, 11:35 AM
I am excited to report that I went to the Child Craft outlet in southern Indiana, and was finally able to see many Child Craft cribs up close. They were ALL hardwood (oak, maple, pine, and Roman), excellent quality, and in my opinion, just as good as the high priced Italian Pali. I have done exhausting research on baby beds, and I have really looked around this summer, as DH and I are teachers, off for the summer, and first time parents. I was honestly impressed by the quality of workmanship, as well as the fact that if you need something, the factory is in Indiana, and not Italy, so you don't have to worry about shipping problems or the store closing down for a month like the Pali one does.

I was going to do a post about the outlet today, just to let people know what they had and what I learned yesterday. The bed we purchased was originally $400.00, and we paid $189.00. It is all hardwood, has a solid base with four positions, and a full sized drawer below. It also converts to a todder or day bed. Most of the outlet beds were between 200.00 and 400.00. Their child furniture was also quite beautiful and solid. Good luck! :) --Suzanne (EDD; NOv. 12, 2003)

samiam
08-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you got a terrific value!