PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Ultra Soft Matress 59.99 at BRUs too soft?

Grace_underfire
08-04-2003, 12:05 PM
I bought the Sealy Ultra Soft Matress (I think thats the name) the one wiht the 150 coils that the book recommends.
I bought that one with a gift certificate for BRUs... now that is in the crib.. I am not sure that it is firm enough. The middle seems not that firm to me...

If you own one can you give me your opinions? I am thinking of getting the Colgate or another coil harder matress at BRUs...
I guess I need yet another trip to BRUs to check them out once again. This time I will pull the matresses, put them in the floor and compare in the middle.

UGGGHHHRRR What a pain!

amp
08-04-2003, 12:56 PM
We have this mattress. I know you are supposed to have a very "firm" mattress, but DH hated the ones that were so firm they were like boards, so we picked this one, which was kind of "middle of the road" so to speak. It's not as soft as some, and definitely not as firm as some. DS is very comfortable in it, and he does not sink in or anything, so it seems firm enough at this point. That said, I do think it has started to show slightly where it sags a bit in the middle. Not enough for me to be concerned for his safety, but enough to mention it to DH. He thinks that part of this is that the cribs do not have the best spring mechanism and it causes the mattress to sag more. So we are considering putting a piece of board or something firm between the crib springs and the mattress. Other than this, we are happy with it, and Jacob seems very comfortable and still safe in it so far.

HTH.