PDA

View Full Version : Planning to buy Sorelle crib from babyspecialtystop.com

08-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here--I have read lots of postings here and they have been helpful. I am planning to order a Sorelle crib from babyspecialtystore.com. Has anyone here ordered anything from this online store? I've never ordered anything so expensive online before so I'm very nervous. The prices seem pretty good too. So please advise.

TIA

Momof3Labs
08-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Do you have a link to this store? (www.babyspecialtystore.com didn't work for me.) I have a Sorelle crib and can tell you how the price compares to what I paid (at a local baby "boutique"), if you want.

08-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi, you're right that link isn't correct. It should be www.babyspecialtyshop.com I'm thinking about the Sorelle Helen crib TIA for any advice/opinion/recommendation.

Momof3Labs
08-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Well, they don't have our crib (Sorelle Roma) but they do have our changing table, and the price on that is outrageous. They are charging $155 + $6 shipping, and we paid $120 shipped (our local baby boutique had it for $129, but not in the color that we wanted).

Otherwise, I can't offer much advice, sorry!

heva
08-07-2003, 08:48 AM
FYI, We bought the Madison at Baby Depot for $399 (we had to get it home, which was quite entertaining - involved my engineer/rock climber husband and 50 ft. of nylon rope from K-Mart and the top of our Audi station wagon!). I would DEFINITELY look at Baby Depot before you spend the extra $200!

As the for crib, we're extremely happy with it so far, but haven't had a test drive yet...

Good luck!

08-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your responses but dh and I finally bought the Sorelle Helen crib at a specialty store near home for $281 including tax! It was such a great deal. We were thinking of splurging on the Pali Leann crib that was on sale for $339 plus taxes but cheaped out at the last minute. We figured for that extra bit of money we can get the Colgate Classica 1 mattress as well. Money can be spent elsewhere as we have just started layette shopping and there is still the glider to buy.

Momof3Labs
08-10-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm not surprised that you found a better deal locally - shipping on cribs is sooooo expensive that it is rare to find a better deal on them online.