PDA

View Full Version : Rail Riders

new_mommy25
08-07-2003, 12:32 PM
We are going back and forth over whether we should buy a changing table or not for several reasons. Right now our second bedroom is the computer room/guest room. It is full of a desk, bookshelves, a queen sized bed and more. We were going to clear everything out for the baby, but are in the process of trying to buy a house as well. It is looking like we are going to move soon, so instead of bothering to set up a nursery we have decided to put the crib and glider in our bedroom for now, which is fairly large. We were going to buy a changing table, but then thought maybe we would just buy a dresser and fix a changing table on top. Then I saw the rail rider on babycenter.com. It is 31.95 which is great, and looks like a smart product. It would save lots of space, and then perhaps we could buy a dresser further down the line when we have more room. It got mostly positive reviews, but there were a few negatives. Those included the baby spoiling the sheets beneath, and the amount of work it takes to use the changer each time etc. I was wondereing if anyone has one and whether they have had positive or negative experiences with it. Also, if there are any other suggestions on what to do with limited space that would be very welcome as well.
Thanks,

stillplayswithbarbies
08-07-2003, 02:49 PM
We have this and love it. I got it at Baby Depot for under $20, so you might want to look there.

When she was small, I just left the changing table in place all the time on the crib. Now that she is rolling over, I do remove it when I put her in the crib, but it is easy to do so. It's very easy to take off and put back in place.

We are tall, and this is the right height for us. All the other changing tables seemed too low.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

new_mommy25
08-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Thanks. I think I will take a look at Baby Depot. Hopefully we will love it, but if we don't, at least it is only $20.

memedee
08-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Do you have a dresser that you could put a countour changing pad on?
I have that in a gueat room and use it all the time.
Even if you buy a dresser for nursery down the road the pad will be usefull.

new_mommy25
08-09-2003, 03:25 PM
You have the changing pad in the guest room? Does that mean you go into a different room every time you change the diaper? I suppose I could put it in another room, but I'd like it to be close to the crib for late night changes.