PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Legacy cribs

momentofclarity
08-10-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm having buyer's remorse about the Pali crib I ordered yesterday. The reviews suggest that Legacy is quieter -- which is a priority for us. We're both short and anticipate using that drop rail a lot! But I can't figure out what the price range is for Legacy cribs and whether they're even in my ballpark? The Pali Dawn crib I ordered is $300. So . . .

1. Any suggestions for where I could look online for the prices of Legacy cribs?

2. Do they sell them at BRU?

3. Does BRU ship and assemble?

4. Am I crazy to be reconsidering my Pali purchase? Are Legacy cribs that much quieter?

Help!
Thanks,
Lucy

csa12
08-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Hi Lucy -

I have a legacy crib (from the Shaker model line) and chose it over a Pali crib. Although some people may consider Palis more stylish than Legacies, I thought the Legacy did have a much quieter drop rail. The Palis, IMO, were not quiet and just weren't my taste. I also liked the subtle, simple style which others may consider boring. But styling issues aside, I think the quality is fine and the crib is solid.

I ordered mine from USA Baby, but was able to pick a style from the company's website. Legacy is a division of CHildcraft Industries so if you search under that you should be able to find pics of Legacy cribs. I think I paid about $370 for it. And no the BRU around me did not sell Legacy cribs.

No I don't think your crazy for reconsidering. There's no question that both Legacy and Pali cribs are solid and safe, so it comes down to a matter of personal preference which one will end up in your nursery. Where I live USA Baby carries both lines, so it may be best to go and check them out in person.

HTH,
Cheryl :)

momentofclarity
08-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the words of experience, Cheryl. We don't seem to have a USA Baby nearby, so I'm limited to BRU and fancy boutiques. The Pali I bought is very simple looking, so styling won't make much difference. My main concern is the volume of the side rail.

Does anyone have a Pali Dawn crib? How is that side rail?

Thanks,
Lucy