PDA

View Full Version : Pali vs. Legacy

momentofclarity
08-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Yikes! I just read the alarming post about Pali's customer service. It's making me reconsider Pali and imported cribs in general. I'm thinking of Legacy now. A couple of questions for you veteran crib-buyers:

1. Is Legacy that much quieter than Pali?

2. Has anyone used the Legacy #29001 (lists at about $279 and has a drop-side)? What did you think? Is it quiet & well-made? We'd be buying it sight-unseen.

3. How is Legacy/ChildCraft's customer service?

Thanks! :)
Lucy

JustMare
08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Lucy,

I have a Pali crib (and if you read other posts your'll see it was a gift and has minor cosmetic damage from shipping). I would NOT recommend this brand. Yes, they are stylish and sturdy but shipping is a nightmare!

I was planning on purchasing a Bonavita crib based on the recommendations of this board. I also like that Bonavita cribs are well made and are priced less than the Pali.

Sorry I don't know anything about Legacy.

Sarah1
08-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi Lucy,

I know nothing about Pali, but we have a Legacy crib and it's been great--beautiful and we have had NO problems with it thus far. We also bought it sight-unseen, as the store did not have a floor model. My neighbor also has a Legacy, totally different model/color and it's also beautiful, no problems, etc. I do not have that particular model nor do I have any experience w/Legacy's customer service, since we've had no problems with the crib.

Also, as for the drop side, it is very quiet but I find I never use it, since if you tie bumpers to the crib (which you probably will) you have to undo the bumpers to drop down the side. Pain in the butt!

Good luck!

Tondi G
08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
we have a Pali Sabrina crib and can't say enough good things about it! We bought if from a location that had it in stock in their wherehouse so we didn't have to deal with shipping etc and were very pleased! I get in the crib with my now 2 year old every night... that sucker is solid as a rock! They are well made and stand up to daily use.... we are happy with our purchase and plan on using it for all our children!!!! If you can find the crib you want in stock then go for the Pali!!!!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!