PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier Nursing Ottomans - model #451 vs. #454

ekbecker1
08-14-2003, 09:08 AM
I'm trying to decide which nursing ottoman to order. I already have the Dutailier glider #11789 with recline and multi-position. I checked out the Dutailier website and they have 2 nursing ottomans - #451 and #454. Anyone have either of these? Anyone know what the difference is between the two? Also, if anyone has ordered an ottoman separately, where can I get the best price? Thanks for your help!

lizajane
08-14-2003, 01:08 PM
i got my chair and my ottoman from two different sites. babycatalog.com and babyuniverse.com. both have free shipping. one has a better price, but the other has faster shipping. i got my chair fast, and my ottoman cheaper.

i can't remember the number of my ottoman, but it is the one that glides and has a locking option. it doesn't have the slide out nursing "thingy" but i think it is perfect! when i nurse, i can lock it in place and put my feet up on the edge, with knees bent. i can push off of it to glide, or just sit still. when i rock, i unlock it and rest my feet on top of it. and it i need to sit on it to tie my shoes, for example, i can lock it in place for balance!

so i would recommend the locking one. sorry i don't remember the number!! one of the sites has it, the other doesn't. so check out both sites to look for what you want.

houseof3boys
08-14-2003, 09:20 PM
You should get the locking one if you are going to nurse in the glider because it is impossible to do otherwise. I decided when I got mine that it wasn't worth the $35 price difference. I was going to get a $20 Medela stool for nursing on the couch in the living room, so I just bring the stool to the bedroom and use that instead of the gliding ottoman. We love the gliding ottoman since DH uses it when he is in the chair with DS. Either way is a good choice, I guess it just depends on the price difference for you!

Edited to add that my gliding ottoman doesn't have a lock on it like lizajane!

August Mom
08-15-2003, 01:05 AM
I have the 11789 and a nursing ottoman. I don't remember which number, though. As I remember it, I could only order 1 of those in the wood that I chose for my glider. It seems to me that one of the ottomans was oak with a solid side panel (which didn't match my chair) and the other was maple with the sides open, which did match my chair. I got both of them at Goodnight Ben. I found that it was difficult to find the nursing ottman for sale on-line. Actually, though, I don't use the nursing aspect of the ottoman much. And, now, I don't use the ottoman because DS was having too much fun with it.

lyn_704
08-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Hi! I was informed by the people at www.rockingchairstore.com, that although the 454 is a bit more expensive, it is well worth it over the long run. The reason for this is because with the molded plastic stool, you will never encounter what others have experienced with the 451 and that is the leatherette may have a tendancy to rip. Hope this helps.

August Mom
08-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, if the difference is the nursing stool attachment, I have the 451 with the leatherette. FWIW I haven't experienced any tearing.

stephnola
01-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I know this is way past the date of when the question was asked, but I thought I would answer for anyone else that had this question (like me)! I called Dutailier. Here is the scoop:

451: This is described as "black flat with a vinyl feel"

454: This is described as "grey plastic with bumbles. Ergonomic - supposed to relax your feet"

The woman on the phone said there is a price difference between the two, but she could not tell me which was more expensive.

Hope this helps.

If anyone had either one of these, what do you think?