PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette Question

shawn2k
08-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Hi all! New here and I have a big question. We are expecting our 3rd baby sometime in late April. This was a TOTAL surprise and we realized we have next to nothing left in the way of baby gear (2nd child being almost 4 years old). Would it be improper to register for a few much needed items? Now that we've done this a couple times, we know exactly what we want/need and the list isn't very big at all. Just the must have basics. Thanks for the feedback!

mom2kandj
08-17-2003, 09:23 AM
I would register, but wouldn't go shouting from the rooftops about it. (Ms. Manners would probably say you were fishing for gifts if you went around bragging about your registry.) I'd probably tell my mom, MIL, and best friend about the registry just in case anyone else asks about a registry.

As for anyone else who asks what you want, tell them exactly what you want. Keep in mind when you give a gift suggestion, you name something that is probably in their price range. One of my friends just had baby #2 and all she needed was a Baby Bjorn, so she told a couple of work friends and she got her Bjorn.

Also, welcome gift cards to Target and BRU, saying, "We have almost everything...now all we need is a baby and some diapers!" The gift cards/certificates you receive could go towards your big ticket items without the gift giver ever thinking, "Jeez, the only things on her registry were items over $100!"

I know that others will have lots of differing opinions on this! :) Just my two cents...

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

shawn2k
08-17-2003, 01:48 PM
TY! That's exactly what we were dicussing - keeping it very low key, among close family and friends. All the other necc. we intend on getting ourselves, thank you for your advice!

elvisfan
08-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I think it's fine. Giftgiving/shower throwing for subsequent kids is becoming more popular, I think :)